Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Sue's Memories

Post Thanks / Like

Sue's Memories

Hi, I am new to this site and I am going to try to start crocheting. I recently lost my Mom, who crocheted everything; especially the pineapple doilies and tablecloths. Mom crocheted and I knitted. I am hoping that I can become as skilled as she was in crocheting. I have her books and yarn and need to find the time to teach myself the basics and then go on from there. I will look forward to talking with you on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sue, Welcome to the group. So sorry to hear you lost your Mother You've picked a great group to join. If you have any questions, just ask. Someone on here will know the answer. My name is Kathy and I am from NW Ohio. I love to crochet. I crochet afgans, hats, scarfs, x-mas things, toys. If I see a patern I like I just have to try it. we would love to see some pictures of your kniting and crochet, so feel free to share them.

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Sue's memories and Welcome!
    I am so sorry about your mom, she sounds like she was one very cool lady!!
    If you check out the forum listing called Links and Resources, you'll find oodles of video tutorials on how to get started crocheting. Also, if you follow the blogspot link in my signature, you'll find my lessons that are very detailed and clear on step by step how to crochet. So far, I have the single crochet which is the beginning for any crocheter and one lesson on double crochet.
    The folks here are very talented and down to earth, if you need help, you'll find it here in this forum. If you need a shoulder, you'll find lots of those here too!
    Do you know how to post pictures? If you have pics of your work, we'd love to see them! If you need help on how to post pics, up near the top of this page, you'll see Need Help right under the Crochet Talk link. Click on Need Help and I think the tutorial on posting pics is the 4th one down.

I am glad you are here with us!
    Happy Crafting!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I look forward to trying something new!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue, welcome to the forum! sorry you lost you mom..that's hard..

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and you can have a great time on here if you participate in answering the questions and posting queries. We like to laugh and some of us are a pun short of level. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....so sorry about your recent loss....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am Larisa. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sue and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. I'm sorry for your loss. No matter how we prepare for the loss, it still hits us like a ton of bricks. As Landon said, you will find us friendly, helpful and very supportive of each other. It has become a second family for most of us and as you participate, you will also find this forum to be addictive. If you must have an addiction, then knitting and crocheting are the best ones to have. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jan, maybe we shouldn't tell them at first that they are going to become addicted?? After all it took us a while to admit the addiction to "cute". Just saying!! lol

12. Likes Anaisa, Irishjl, Kathy B. liked this post