Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Irish Lace Bun Cover

Sometimes I learn about 2 totally different patterns serendipidously at the same time and they just click together so well (i think) !! I saw this pattern for a bun cover that i had wanted to do and i was trying it out when Barbara posted her 26 Roses patterns. The Rose Square Medallion would make the perfect center for a bun cover! It's in size 10 cotton thread, with size 7 steel hook, measures 4 1/2 inches across, so if anyone wants the ' how to ' i'd be happy .
    Attached Images Attached Images Irish Lace Bun Cover-dscn0145-jpg Irish Lace Bun Cover-dscn0146-jpg 
    Last edited by Kitty; 10-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you love this about crocheting? We have so much freedom to create an endless variety of beautiful pieces and they are uniquely our own designs!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!It's so satisfying to turn a piece of string into something useful, besides i really needed a bun cover. Not joking i have long hair. People shouldn't be afraid of thread crochet it's easier than you think.
    Last edited by Kitty; 10-21-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even better!! I used to have really long hair. Headbands are on my do to list, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on one for friends H.S. age daughter in white . Are you doing it over a plastic band or allround in yarn ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't gotten that far in my thought processes, LOL I want to add beads to it, so it might be in yarn or thread. I love the threads, I think they are so dainty and feminine. How are you doing yours that you are making?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been making assorted flowers. I had grograin ribbon and elastic planned,but then i bought a white plastic band - i'm really indecisive right now , she may get this on Easter. I like the thread for all the details it can show and yes it's lacy. Last summer my word was 3D this winter it's LACY.
    Last edited by Kitty; 10-21-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Easter would be sweet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    that's very pretty! tell me the how to! my grand daughter has to wear her hair up & I'm sure she will love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, thanks for sharing....