Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help with joining into a circle

I have a hard time keeping my work from twisting and turning when I join a circle with a slip stitch. I don't have a problem with a small circle 7 or 8 chains. I just did a 54 ch and it drove me buggy. What tips and tricks are there for this??

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it depends...are you crocheting your stitches into the 'hole' or are you doing your stitches w/ into the chain itself....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, whenever I have to do a long chain and then join with a slip stitch, I keep my thumb on the chain to keep it from twisting. That way, when I finish making it, I don't have any trouble joining it. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Into the chain itself so it has to have no twists. I usually get to the last chain and it is twisted and I have to take it apart and start over. No Jan I don't understand how does holding your thumb on the chain helps keeping the chain from turning. When I go to join the chain from a long chain it twists. I don't understand. Nothing new about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it that if I put the stitch in the chain itself it helps, then you attach it in the end....it leaves a tighter 'hole' for the opening but it helps me; hope it helps you....

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post I didn't even consider a video. I do exactly what she says but it still twists so I guess I'll keep trying and hope for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any markers that are metal? If you added some to your chain, you would be able to easier tell which side it up. The plastic wouldn't make a difference, the metal would weigh it into position, I am thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ha the same issue and it is very frustrating... I am going to check out the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to post this in both places, just in case!!

This is what I would do, and Faye, girlfriend, I hear ya!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1570[/ATTACH]

Happy Crafting!!

Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with joining into a circle-markingfoundationchan-jpg