Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Thread: sashay yarn

Post Thanks / Like

sashay yarn

I want to make a scarf out of sashay yarn and watched a video, but it wasn't very clear. Insert hook into second space and sc, but the way I see it is a slip stitch not an sc. Can anyone help me. this is my first time posting so Hi to everyone!!! and I don't really know how to get around on this site. Thanks to all.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Strawhat29 and Welcome!!

I am Landon, pleased to make your aquaintanence!
    Help is on the way, that yarn has been used by some of the ladies here and I know they will be more than happy to help you out!!
    Isn't that yarn something else?

Happy Crafting!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Best I've found so far is website Simple & Sensational
    two different techniques under ruffled scarf. Hope this helps. Caro

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to get into Simple & Sensational in order to get the printed pattern, but it just keeps going back to the videos, which are very helpful, but I also like to read instructions. any supggestions? and a big thank you for the site..............

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi strawhat29, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    couldn't find a written pattern but maybe this video is a little better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never use the yarn but it looks like you are just chaining...like when you start a starting chain. hope this video helps .

Post Thanks / Like
    I love making the scarves. You first chain the length you want. You are chaining just like usual putting the hook in the yarn and pulling it through the yarn. After you have done the chain which may seem like doing a slip stitch to you but you are chaining (I think). When you start to crochet your hook has a loop on it and then you put the hook in the yarn (really like a net but we will call it yarn. Yarn over and pull through the loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops just like a regular stitch. If this is not clear you should pick up the yarn and feel how it is to put your hook into the yarn (net) and pull it through the loop. I had to pick this up and put it down a dozen times before I got the feel of this yarn. I have made 4 scarfs and I love it. You also may private message me questions and maybe we can make it clearer. There probably is someone who is a better teacher than me and maybe they will help you. Good luck!!

9. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Twinfaye, I will give it a try........

Post Thanks / Like
    Stawhat29 - welcome to the group! Glad you are here with us! Let us know how your project is coming along!