Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Can't make sense of this pattern

Hi,
    I am working on a sweater that has a chevron pattern. It works up like a ripple afghan would with hills and valleys. For the back you work rows 2 and 3 alternately for 29 rows. However, it says when you begin a row at the valley Chain 3 and double crochet decrease over 2 stitches then continue with pattern, ending by double crochet decrease over 3 stitches. When you do this the stitch count to the first valley is off and it would seem to me that if you decrease every row you will eventually end up with a triangle. I have been crocheting for a long time, but, can't figure this one. Sorry if this is confusing. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    can you post the pattern so we can see what the problem is?

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be a big help if we could see the pattern. Hang around someone will have an answer.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes - if you can link us the pattern if it is online, or post the row you are having trouble with and the rows before and after sometimes helps us out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered if it was alright to post the pattern since is a not a free pattern. If anyone is familiar with the chevron lattice sweater pattern by Joy Prescott, that is the pattern I'm referring to.
    Thanks for your responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you could just post around the place that has you stumped!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a link where there is errors with the pattern...did you get it from Annie Attic? if so ..I would contact them for the correction on the pattern.

Crochet Sweater Chevron Lattice Pattern - Alpaca Yarn - I Knit and Crochet

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help

The pattern I have is a different sweater, but I did get it from Annie's Attic so I will try to contact them.

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    I just passed up a pattern because it had the exact type of pattern you said about decreasing over a certain amt of stitches and so on. I don't know why they just don't write out the exact pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatherg23 View Post
    I just passed up a pattern because it had the exact type of pattern you said about decreasing over a certain amt of stitches and so on. I don't know why they just don't write out the exact pattern.
    I see this is your first post - I wanted to say welcome to the forums! We are glad you are here with us!