Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help with headband

Help with headband-shell-path-headband-001-jpg Ok, I am stuck! I've picked this up and read the instructions 10 times and somehow I can't seem to understand what to do. Would someone go to www.crochet.about.com/library/n012905 And would you look at Page 2 Outside Rnd 1 and Outside Rnd 2. As you can see I started doing the Rnd 1 but I lost it when it says ....working along opposite side: ch 1, 2sc around post of next dc ..... I'm not familiar with working stitchs around post of next dc and it all goes to heck. I'm not sure where the outside rnd 2 starts. I am sure I will feel silly when you get back to me but it is just not coming through to me. Thanks for the help in advance since I know someone will help. You can explain on this site or private message if you prefer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't find page 2 but my best guess is think of your project as a square and working the side means turning it sideways and crocheting around the double crochet instead of the top of the stitch . The outside round is formed by the stitches you are doing around the double crochet and so on down the side. (?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh. Well, working along opposite side. Sounds like you'd be peeking over the top at the opposite side of the piece. RS or WS? only you would know. The part about 2 sc around dc post. The dc post is like a fence post, right? So if you had a giant crochet hook (all the while standing on your head looking at the "opposite" side?) you'd put the hook around behind the fence post , do the yarn over thing, draw the loop formed thru both loops now on the hook, then do it again for the second sc. Clear as a mud fence? Well, I tried...

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye.. if you still need help..please reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suprise, I think I understand LynnE but if that doesn't work I will private message you Val. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    have to leave ..will be back later to check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Val, don't worry about this I am making it for my neice's b-day and I have until Nov 3rd. I appreciate your help so much. Lynn you are smarter than you think!!!Thanks to you also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Help with headband-img_0025-jpg I hated to ask for help on such a simple pattern but I just couldn't figure it out. So I went back to the pattern that I had copied from the site. I've looked at it twenty times or more but something hit me this time. The words didn't line up from one line to the next. So I went back to the original site and found the pattern and what did I find? The last few words from every line had not printed! No wonder I couldn't figure it out!! So here is the finished project. It was really simple when you have the whole pattern. I don't know which is more embarassing the ask for help or admit that I didn't have all of the pattern. Good thing ya'll are so supportive and won't tell me how dumb that was! Thanks for the help.

9. Likes billiebob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Faye, Please don't be so hard on yourself! Everybody makes mistakes! I love the colours! You did a fantastic job on it! She will love it and I bet she gets tons of compliments on it too!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks but I feel silly that I didn't read the pattern correctly.