Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I love this scarf!!

I love this scarf!!-002-jpg This is my latest scarf and I love it! I may have to keep this and make another for family! I have another skein of the same color and I could wait to do it for after Christmas but I want it now!! lol I am such a baby! lol It is easy and no pattern is needed. I started this by crocheting 6 chains but it didn't stack up right to me so I changed and crocheted a chain the length that I wanted for the scarf and that worked very well. This yarn looks like ribbons on the skein but you have to straighten it out to crochet so that got irritating to me so I ironed the yarn out flat and I hate ironing but that made the crocheting so much easier. Those are my tips and technique.

2. Likes libertylady64, ejatchison liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye-you do realize you are feeding my cute addiction??? It is really cute! Thanks for giving us another thing to add to out to do list!!! Hopefully I will come back as an amazing crocheter in my next life so I can continue with my list!!

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! It is GORGEOUS!! These are gonna be a HUGE Hit with your family! This scarf is worth fighting for! Ok, what are the stats?? How long did it take you, you told me that it was tricky in the beginning, and did you make this with one ball of yarn or how much did it take?

Faye, it is flat out a WINNER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye what yarn did you use for that? It is really pretty! I have been making the Sashay scarfs that look similar, having a hard time giving them away as I want all of them.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, after I got the chains right it went fast. As I said I did take the time to iron it flat but it was worth it and I will do it again. It takes one skein for the way I made it. There is a suggestion to use two but it is Read Heart recommending it so I think that would sell more yarn. I think if you have the technique down you could do one in a day with no problem. Yeah, I think the family will like them. BarbySue it is RH sashay. I want one in all the colors! Maryjane this is your fault! I'm going to give you credit for this "cute" addiction.

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.....well the pic anyway....lol winks....

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice job! Could you make one for me, too?? I really like this!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have a pattern to go by? I got some yarn and tried but had trouble so stopped for now. Really want to try it....

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this scarf!!-img_0016-jpgI love this scarf!!-img_0017-jpgI love this scarf!!-img_0018-jpgI love this scarf!!-img_0019-jpgBonnie, I watched a video several times on Youtube. I really think that ironing it out is the most helpful thing for me. It is hard to get the idea that you hold it with both hands to stretch it. I started and stopped for a night. The video I watched chained 6 stitchs but I didn't feel it was getting longer only fluffier so I started by chaining the length I wanted and then crocheted the whole ball. It says you can do 2 balls but I think that would be too big. Just my opinion. I love it and I have a ball of blues that I am going to work up tonight. I made a cowl today from a blogger's site http://www.fiberflux.blogspot.com/20...ement-infinity It is very versatile it shows several ways to wear it. Unfortunately I am one of those women who can't use a scarf as graciously as others. It is Tennessee orange and I used an O hook or Q couldn't determine which just big. It took a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this one, the colour is very striking! I like the different ways you can wear it too!