Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Adult Pea Coat

Post Thanks / Like

Adult Pea Coat

I recently made a pea coat for my granddaughter, which my daughter posted on her blog. The responses were wonderful, with so many asking me to make one for them (adult ladies). I'd love to oblige, but can't find a crochet pattern for a coat that really looks like a pea coat. The pattern for the little girl by Vickie Howell really looks like the real thing. My web search has come up with nothing. Does anyone have such a pattern? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    the only one I could find is knitted.. there is some patterns for children and babies tho

heres the knit one

knitty.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much. I did find some for knitting, but I'm "knitting-impaired!" I have a hard time doing the knitting and find crochet so much easier. You're so sweet to try and help me. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to knitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    the only one I could find is knitted.. there is some patterns for children and babies tho

heres the knit one

knitty.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean! I am too! am going to learn when & if I find the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies, I think there is a conspiracy to get us to add knitting and tatting to our work list. Resist! Resist! Stay strong! Oh heck, where is that tatting shuttle??? I know I've seen it somewhere?? lol

6. Likes Anaisa, Irishjl, Landon, Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=twinfaye;29175]Ladies, I think there is a conspiracy to get us to add knitting and tatting to our work list. Resist! Resist! Stay strong! Oh heck, where is that tatting shuttle??? I know I've seen it somewhere?? lol[/QUOTE]

I am so ROFLIMAO at you for this!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK ladies-maybe there is a conspiracy going on here!! But the lady needs a pattern!!!LOL!! I will keep your request in mind! I download the pattern for the child's pea coat to make for my granddaughter but haven't made it yet!! I don't think it would work to use the pattern with a bigger hook and thicker yarn! Hopefully somebody will be able to help you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you knook....how hard it the knit pattern....like cables and stuff....cuz if it's just purl and knit and you can knook.....maybe....

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks WAY harder to me!! I say an experienced knitter. We'll keep looking for a crochet pattern but this one may be the one that stumps us??? Go Ladies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    Can you knook....how hard it the knit pattern....like cables and stuff....cuz if it's just purl and knit and you can knook.....maybe....
    I tried the knook, but as far as that goes, I found it harder than plain knitting! I can knit some, but I'm just plain better and faster at crochet. I guess I could try enlarging the child's pattern or come up with my own. Thanks to everyone for trying to help. You're a great group of folks!