Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the welcome to crochet talk-since i am mostly house bound i welcome conversation and news from the rest of america-so i crochet and have my p.c and t.v
    my daughter and i moved here from ohio 5 yrs ago and i do not know anyone so keep busy with crochet..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Jenlee,

It is our pleasure!!! What do you like to crochet? I am learning myself, I have just completed my very FIRST scarf EVER and as you can see I am over the moon about it!!!

Here is a picture of it, I just LOVE the colours! They are Banana Berry by Red Heart Super Saver. I have plenty of yarn to make myself a little hat and some simple mittens.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1446[/ATTACH]

This pattern was new to me and OMG, I struggled with it! The ladies on here came to my rescue and helped me a TON and I got it made. We are doing a monthly Crochet-a-long and the scarf was our very first item to crochet. You are more than welcome to join in, if you'd like to, I can find you the link.

Here is the link:

[URL]http://crochettalk.com/main/3706-crochet-along-one-skein-scarf-beginners.html[/URL]

Do you have any pets to keep you and your daughter company?
    Is your daughter at home with you during the day or are you there by yourself?

Happy Crafting,
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images Thanks-finishedscarf-jpg 
    Last edited by Landon; 10-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.

3. Likes jennlee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Europe. Does it count?

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean, Larissa, does what count? Europe does and believe me, so do YOU!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon! You are so nice friend. I wish you could come to me and discuss crocheting by my poor English!

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Larissa!! I wish I could TOO! Thank you, that is very sweet of you to say and your English is FINE!!!

How did you ever learn English as a second language? I am fluent in Spanish, but it took me 2 years LIVING there to gain command of the language! How do you do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It was at school. We had 2 hours of English per week. I cannot speak - only read and type. Hola! hasta la vista!

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hasta la vista, mi amiga! LOL You had only 2 hours a week? You're kidding, right? you speak as well as you do with only 2 hours a week? I know I would not have retained it. You must have an aptitude for languages. Do you speak any other languages? Did you start in grade school?

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon! What does Jenn lee think about our conversation in her theme? She is so kind!!

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, she seems like a very nice lady!!