Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Bullion Stitch

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bullion Stitch

Hi, Everyone,
    I've been crocheting for 37 years and until two weeks ago I had never heard of the Bullion Stitch. Then I got a copy of Heirloom Afghans to Knit and Crochet by Jean Leunhauser and Rita Weiss. A couple days later I see a copy of Crochet! magazine. On the cover they are saying "Discover a new take on an old-time stitch the Double Bullion". The afghan in the book I'd like to try is a 15-YO bullion. I consider myself an intermediate to experienced crocheter. Has anyone had experience with this stitch? Is it as difficult as it seems in the directions? If I start this afghan, it will take lots of time as the squares are roses made of this stitch which makes the roses stand up. It is a beauty but will be a challenge, I'm afraid. Please someone, let me know about this stitch.
    Thank-you all,
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never tried the stitch, but it looks really pretty! I think you have to pull the thread through all those loops! I'm sure somebody has done it!

3. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of this stitch but I find the internet is very useful in finding a lot of video tutorials for me on how to do a certain crochet stitch I would like to learn. Written directions are not always easy to understand and follow. Here is a site I found on youtube for the Bullion Stitch, hope it's somewhat helpful,

5. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing with us!

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the same magazine. I was going to try that stitch also!

9. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    here is another video..

11. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much, I am going to check out these videos and maybe try a swatch. If I get my courage up to do this afghan, it will have to be after Christmas. I have too many gifts to do. Wrestling this bear is gonna take a lot of my time. I really appreciate your responses and the videos. I didn't even think of looking for a video. Something about linking the old with the high tech doesn't always click in my brain.
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome Jane. Anytime. That is so true with me also.

14. Likes janie mae liked this post