Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

How to crochet Front Post and Back Post Double crochet

I am hoping this tutorial will teach these wonderful stitches to beginner crocheters. Front post and back post stitches can add texture to your work and I am sure you will find many uses for it. Find the tutorial here: Front Post and Back Post Double Crochet
    Unique Crochet Patterns , www.crochetdreamz.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Thank you for posting the tutorial!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, your blog is like mine! I break down techniques and post pics with them too. Great minds think alike!! I am behind, I need to get back ON IT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love how crocheting using front and back posts can thicken the work without using up so much extra yarn like some patterns can. In the basket weave it looks like it uses a lot more yarn, it is very heavy and extra warm, but only used the same amount of stitches as in the original chain. I love that.

I have been kicking myself for not picking up a couple pattern books I saw on my last trip yarn shopping, they were different patterns using the front and back posts. Wish now I had gotten them. Oh well, maybe they will be there next time I go....can't remember which store I saw them in though, guess that means I'll just have to make the rounds again.....hee hee.

Judi G

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to post lessons for learning these but I am struggling with my own pieces when I work up my swatches. So I moved on to dc and posted that and will keep working on mine so I can get those posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found out that I do the exact opposite of the tutorial. I guess since I do both of them wrong but I always do them wrong that it hasn't messed me up, you know consistently wrong. lol It looks wrong to me but that is my little brain.

8. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been avoid patterns that use this because I was unsure of how to do this. Thanks so much for posting this! I really appreciate it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it great to get the help you need?

12. Likes BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, it is really fantastic! That is why I love this site so much. I have met some wonderful people and I'm learning some new techniques too. I'm also learning a bit about yarn. I'm hoping the more I'm on here the more I'll learn.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

14. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I say! The more you participate the more you learn and the more you meet neat people!!

16. Likes Landon liked this post