Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a problem!!

Hello, my name is Claudia and I'm a yarn-a-holic! I just can't help myself. Went to a Michaels grand opening last Sunday and told myself I wasn't going to buy any yarn. I went to purchase a tunisian crochet hook with my 50% off coupon. I walked out with said hook and 6 skeins of yarn. How does that happen. Darn it! I couldn't pass up $1.99 a skein. Am I alone in this? I need a support group.

Claudia

2. Likes Dsynr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are not alone!! I have done the same thing many many times... I am worse with patterns!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are hilarious!! Claudia, what do you need us to do? We would have been right there with you, grabbing up yarn, LOL I would have left with beads AND yarn, LOL oh, and PAINT and do they have POLYMER CLAY here??

What colors did you get and what brand is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claudia. I prefer thread crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    We need to set up a 12 Step Program.

I am Landon and I am powerless over _______ ( fill in the blank with your craft poison).

What's the next step? I need to dig out my AA books, LOL I am not being disrespectful of 12 step programs, I have a lot of respect for them. I am just being silly, LOL

How about the 10 Commandments of Crafting?

Oh, the possibilities, LOLOL

7. Likes Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landing.. you crack me up. It was breath yarn and they had several variations of pink for "knit for a cure".

9. Likes libertylady64, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Claudia-we are your support group!! And to go to a meeting just log in!! I can not resist pretty yarn and if it's on sale it's even prettier!!!

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, knit for a cure, how precious is that? I think you did good.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, Claudia! You bought more yarn. So what!
    We ALL do it. Some day, that yarn will be on somebody's back, or hands, or feet, or bed.....sooooo...

BTW: Be very careful about promoting cures for crafting addictions. Somebody put a "crafting cure" on Knitting Paradise. It almost started a riot and one KP-er fell over from the shock and bumped her head and was talking about legal action! Actually, I don't want a "cure". I'm just as happy with my crafting as a hog in mud! So there!

Besides, we don't do "drugs" [except for our ailments], or drink, or smoke, or chase pants; we're too smart to gamble; and we don't drive too fast because we might just zip past a new yarn shop! What's left for us to do, may I ask?

This weekend, I crocheted two new washcloths for my family and worked on the knit mitered square for the blanket to go on my bed.
    Last edited by Dsynr; 10-09-2012 at 11:43 AM.

14. Likes Kitty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOL, well said, Dsynr. The creative life is the best one!!