Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Question Q: Crocheting RH Curly Q yarn

So, what do you folks think of this yarn? It definitely stretches!

Any suggestions? Too late to warn me off as I have 3 skeins in a drop-dead gorgeous teal color.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...I have not used this one yet. But, I am very curious to hear what others have to say about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the name, must look into it! Do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg,, how funny, LOLOL I am searching on RH Curly Q yarn. RH is for Red Heart. I thought you were saying right handed, LOLOL You got the Totally Teal, it is drop dead gorgeous!! What are you going to make with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at Red Heart and found several patterns for it. I don't know how to asnwer your question. I haven't used it but it looks like a bulky yarn. I guess I'm saying more clues to what you want to know. This may be another question that is over my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha ha....nice colours and hope YOU like it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, is Anaisa being a brat? Not telling me something like, "You'll regret it"? Hmmmm?

Yeah, my post wasn't up to my usual wordy standard, was it? LOL! I was (and still am) burned out from fighting with that &%$#! ribbon yarn...

Anyhoo, (I love making my spellchecker go nuts) this yarn is really, really stretchy and is super bulky. The only other super bulky yarn I have ever used is Lion Brand's Jiffy Thick n Quick, one of the first yarns I ever bought online. Not only was my color choice really bad but the yarn is so thick I could hardly get the size P hook to work making a single crochet. Yikes! It is now relegated to my Get Around To It Someday box.

So I guess I'm a little leery to start another project using thick yarn, let alone one that stretches. I'd like to use this yarn (CurlyQ) to make a sweater. Yes, a raglan sleeve sweater! But I'd like to know in advance if there is anything I should be aware of, like make it in a smaller or larger size or whatever.

How's that for a more detailed post? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    never used the yarn but if it stretches..I would go smaller size.

9. Likes Lynn E liked this post