Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Hi from PA!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi from PA!

I'm 74 years young and enjoy crocheting lapghans or nursing homes. I'm always looking for new ones, I try to figure out how to make a lapghan out of an afghan pattern. I raise chickens(10 to be exact) and just love them. My favorite is Phoebe, she is the oldest and the lightest and has an interesting story. I addition, I make baskets(reed) and work on Family Tree. I love doing it all and find that there isn't enough hours in the day. I am trying to master a new stitch (trcl). If anyone can make it simple I would appreciate. Thanks and It's wonderful meeting you all.
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pat, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    H, Pat and Welcome!!

I am Landon, a newbie crocheter. I am so glad to see you here with us!!
    Do you have pictures of your work, we love pictures!
    Do you live in town or outside of town with your chickens?
    I think that is great that you have your own chickens, I bet they are entertaining.

I am not familiar with trcl but I know someone here will be along to help you out!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe! It s nice to meet you Pat. I am larisa. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to you all again, I live in a small village outside Lancaster, PA, We have a main street going through our place, but no side streets. My home is a 1700 Old Field stone barn that we converted to 5 apartments. My chickens live behind the property in a really cool house my husband made for them. They have a very large yard to run in. I only have 10 chickens, but they each lay 1 egg a day. Entertaining! you betcha! As a matter of fact, in the summer, we sit on chairs and watch them, sometimes for hours.

Lartisa, You do really wonderful work. I have thought I would love to do doilies someday, but right now my hands are full. Where in Europe are you from?

And to you Val! where are you from?
    Incidently, I am not online every day, so don't think I am ignoring you if it takes me awhile to answer. I will answer. Thanks to you all

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Pam! Thank uou for kind words. Unfortunately I am from post soviet but do not tell anyone. have a good day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Welcome to the Forum, I am from the Louisville Ky area, no chickens but 1 dog 2 cats and 1 bunny rabbit. I am going on a brief vacation so will not be visiting the thread the next few days. It is awesome you are so busy I hope I am that active when I get there in a few short years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....I like chickens...don't have some just yet, but working on it...Y'all don't laugh cuz I met a man who had them in his van! Gross, but true....but a friend of mine has a few and they live w/ a couple of ducks, and get this, they walk every day down to a pond, the ducks swim, the chickens scratch and they walk back to their little encloure ONCE A DAY....neatest thing to see...

9. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pat and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. I'm from a farm community in Central Illinois and my girlfriend's parents had chickens(Bantams) and geese. One day us kids were helping round up the chickens when they got loose and I made the mistake of grabbing the rooster!! He grabbed hold of the skin between my thumb and forefinger and would not let go. He drew blood. After that, the only time I want to see a chicken is cooked and on my dinner plate!! You will find us not only friendly but helpful as well. Have fun.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I grew up on a farm in Kansas and I had a favorite chicken which had a deformity so I treated her with care. Funny how they grow on us isn't it? I'm sure you will find your help here everyone is so nice and helpful here. Look forward to seeing your work.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean