Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Guest Question on Crocodile Crochet Stitch - From Rita

Here is a question from one of our guest viewers who has been invited to join us here on site:

I so love a scarf crochet in the crocodile stitch. I have watched many videos, but cannot seem to get the "up" post and "down" post. Any suggestions on how to make this easy for me to understand what I have to do?

Thanks so much
    Rita

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also watched the video but I didn't have a project in mind so the info has faded away. I will look again and see if it is any clearer for me. I am sure that there is someone on here that has made something with that stitch so just wait a minute and they'll tell us.

Post Thanks / Like
    When doing the "down" post of the crocodile stitch, you turn your work sideways, do 4 or 5 dc on the post closest to you, cr 1, turn your work so the "up" post is closest to you, do 4 or 5 dc. You will be at the top of the stitch, then sl st into the next post. When making the crocodile stitch, you are having to do it two-fold. !st: make the foundation for the stitch 2nd: go back and make the crocodile stitch. I hope this helps but I did not find the videos any help either. I found written instructions and seemed to have better luck with them. Check out:moiracrochets.hubpages.com/hub/crocodile-crochet-stitches-pattern. It has written instructions as well as a chart that explaines it. Hope this helps.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the you tube videos? I swear by them. Look up tmj1953 i believe. She is a great teacher. Also bethinx is good to. These Ladies are the ones who i learned from
    just by watching there videos over and over again.
    I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    All free crochet has some patterns for scarf's and a video tutorial on the crocodile stitch that is where I learned how to crochet it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Myself I dont care for a long scarf . So I intend to shorten the scarf pattern and add a couple of buttons to close it around my neck and make it in to a neckwarmer . , this video helped me alot on how to do the crocodile crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    You've almost got me interested enough to make something with this yarn too. I just have so many ideas and no time!!! AHHH!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mikey on you tybe, he does the meremaid tears purse i n the crocodile stitch. I am hooked on that stitch

9. Likes Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, please tell Rite that this site is great! It's how I learned to do the crocodile stitch. I even copied it to WORD and I can print out the instructions along with the diagrams. I have trouble watching a video, it just seems too fast for me to follow. Good luck with the stitch.

Check out:moiracrochets.hubpages.com/hub/crocodile-crochet-stitches-pattern. It has written instructions