Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question HELP: Sharper pointed crochet hook

Thanks to a lot of you folks I think I've figured out a couple of the problems I've been having with ruffled sides and tensioning. One is the type of hook being used.

Can anyone give me the brand name for a hook that has NO throat and is sharper than the Boye hooks I'm currently using? Please include a photo, if possible as I'm a visual type person (I can "see" what I'm "lookin" for, just can't describe it very well

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lynn,

I am leaving a short reply to let you know that I have read your post. I personally have only used Boye. In the past I have only used Red Heart Yarn, but now I am am venturing out in choosing some different yarns to try. I have yet to try some different hooks, though. Look forward to finding out more info on your question from others.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a variety of crochet hooks but I like the Boyd the best! Susan Bates has a flatter head! You may have to loosen your tension a bit if you are having trouble getting the hook into the stitches!

4. Likes calicat, Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn, you might want to check out Herschnerr's web site. They have many brands of crochet hooks. The Bamboo hooks made by Clover definitely have a sharper end than any other brand that I have seen. Hope this helps.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jan! I ordered some Susan Bates hooks from Herschnerr's. It was so cool to be able to be able to look more closely at the items. I'm hoping that some of my technical problems will be resolved just by changing hooks and, of course, practice, practice, practice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Lynn, glad I could be of help. And hopefully, your problems are on their way to being solved. Yes, I liked the fact that you could look very closely at the item and see how it was made. Wish other sites did that!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Susan Bates, but it's what I grew up on......been crocheting for58 years. God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Susan Bates hooks because they are more pointed, and they grab the yarn better. I always had a problem with the yarn slipping off the Boye hooks. Herrscners is a good source for all kinds of crochet products. Been with them for years. I think you will like the Susban Bates hooks.

Post Thanks / Like
    there is a new one that has a sharper head but it's for thread is that what you are looking for or yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ytoodles44! Thanks for the reply. I stand in awe of someone who has been crocheting for so many years. An experienced crocheter is a treasure trove of information. I wish I could sit at your elbow and ask you questions...but you'd probably whack me for talking too much! LOL!

Crocheting for 58 years! NOW I know who to ask when I encounter problems!! Like it or not I'm sending you a Friend request right now