Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

maybe a stupid request but............

Like I have said before, I've been away from crocheting for a long time and have forgotten most of what I used to know. All I want to relearn right now is a simple afghan stitch. I have tried to remember and attempted it but you don't want to know the mess it came out. It's going to be the center of a wall hanging my son has been asking me to make for his room. The center will have an embroidery on it so I figured an afghan stitch would be the best background for it. Now I just need to relearn it. Is there a site or someone who can walk me through this? Thanks much for anyone who can help me with this. Absolutely love this forum. You guys are great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Karen, honey!!! The only questions that go [U][I][B]unasked[/B][/I][/U] are the silly ones!!! Sorry, I don't like the word "stupid"

I found this for you, I hope they help!!!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EdRuM6I-3w"]Learn How to Crochet - Tunisian crochet stitch or Afghan stitch - Simple Stitch, TSS, Tunisien - YouTube[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTYbGbD4DdE"]Simple Crochet - How to make the Afghan Tunisian Crochet Stitch - YouTube[/URL]

You are wanting the Afghan Tunisian Crochet Stitch, right?

I hope these help you!!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    The only 'stupid' questions are the ones that aren't asked!

Here's a great website that shows how to do the basic afghan stitches (tunisian crochet) with some photos as well.

Tunisian Crochet (Afghan Stitch)

I just can't work with a video very well
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Um, I have a book called the something designed afgan; and it says that sc is also good for cross stitch...and yes ask away...

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much. I kept seeing the Tunisian stitch but didn't realize it was the same. I was missing the part about the bar and that's where I messed up. Now I can make this for my son. He is 40 and and has a shunt in his brain plus being a caregiver for me since my cancer diagnosis so I really wanted to make him something special. I love you guys.

6. Likes Barbara G., Landon, Lynn E, Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

Thanks for asking and I hope you do well in your adventure. I have used this stitch to create a few smaller projects and it was a pretty easy stitch - hope it is for you, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen in Tuscon.... I can't wait to see the finished project. Your son is very lucky to have you as you him. Sorry to hear about your recent health problems.
    I hate that "C" word. My prayers go out to you during this hard time but we must crochet. lol If you ever need to talk or "ramble" Please feel free
    to message me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Many blessings to you and your son.
    Hugs
    Erika

9. Likes Landon, Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Karen, how are you doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be looking for tunisian crochet, which uses a special hook, and makes a rather dense fabric.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you every one for your help. I looked at the videos and the links you gave me and did a few practice swatches and I think I've got it down. I remember now how to do it. Since my son wanted a wall hanging instead of an afghan the denseness of it is working out great. It will leave me a sturdy space to put the design he wants on it.
    Landon, I'm doing good. Off cycle of chemo right now to rest my body but will be back on chemo probably in a couple of months. I have an awesome oncologist and treatment group who will respond if I call day or night.
    Thank you, Erika. I just might take you up on that. It's nice to have a place where I can vent or just talk and not just about crochet.
    Love you much
    Karen

13. Likes Landon, Erika liked this post