Post Thanks / Like

On Crochet Along---I am stuck, LOL

Hi, Yawl!!

Ok, here are the instructions:

DC = Double Crochet
    SC = Single Crochet
    CH = Chain

With size I crochet hook, ch 21.

Row 1: (2DC, ch 1, 2DC) in 5th ch from hook, *skip 3 ch, (2DC, ch1, 2DC) in next ch. Repeat from * 3 more times, ending with skip 1 ch, DC in last ch, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3, (2DC, ch 1, 2DC) in each ch 1 sp across, ending with DC in top of turning
    ch, turn.

Repeat row 2 until scarf is your preferred length. If desired, work sc border around entire scarf before binding off.

Ok, so that translates into (2DC,ch1,2DC) in the same ch? Cos that is what I did. Here is a pic of what I have so far:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1282[/ATTACH]

I love how it looks so far. Does it look right?
    On Row 2, do I do what is between the () in each ch? Is that what it says? Cos it will fan out quite a lot.

LOL or am I totally off the mark, LOLOL

I am so excited to be making this!! This is way COOL!!

XOXOX
    Happy Crafting,
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images On Crochet Along---I am stuck, LOL-startscarkchallenge-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon,

You might try making another row - this can totally change how the scarf will start looking for you.

3. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon! You're doing good so far! In Row 2 do whats between the () in each chain space- put your hook in the space under the ch- between the 2 DC's. Sometimes they call the 2Dc,ch 1, 2 DC a cluster! I'm sure you will do a great job!!!

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful colors! Short of dragging out some yarn at oh-dark-thirty in the morning, I think Barbara's idea is best. Trying to count the stitches was an exercise in futility...wish I knew how to chart stitches, then I'd only need graph paper. That's on my to-do list too. LOL!

Keep us posted, okay?

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hay Landon, No you don't do what in in between the () in each chain..you do what is in between the () in each ch sp..which is where is says 2dc, ch1, 2dc, where the ch 1 is is where you do the 2dc, ch 1, 2dc..I did it my self and I hope this helpsOn Crochet Along---I am stuck, LOL-26d1a3513065_e25f8757-633c-4253-8ca7-94ba90954639-jpg

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon it looks great. Keep up the good work.

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I look at my piece, I see the V of each stitch. You know what I mean? I am guessing that I do the () n the ch1? So, I need to count to find out where the ch1's are?

Sorry, guys, I am still lost. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:confused::confused::confused::confused: Where is the emoticon that cries? LOL I want my mommy!!
    Last edited by Landon; 10-02-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon- you do the (2 DC, Ch 1, 2 DC) in the chain SPACE! You go in the space UNDER the chain 1. If you want to actually count the stitches, you would count 2 DCs, do what's in the () in the nest space, count 4 DCs, do what's in the (),...across the row! Soon you should be able to see where the () stuff goes!!! You are going to say DUH! when the light bulb goes on!

14. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh!!![COLOR=red][U][I][B]

LGHT BULB!!!!! [/B][/I][/U][/COLOR]

Of COURSE!!!

In the SPACE!!!

Why didn't yawl TELL me? ROFLIMAO

Be back in a bit with PICTURES!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1296[/ATTACH]Ok, Folks!!!

Here is the picture of my first row. I marked on tiny black dots to see of those are the spaces where I crochet the next row? I tried it in the first space, but how do I go the next batch of (). Does that make sense? I look at the photo JRSGA posted and mine looks different. I am in the home stretch!!! Help me bring this HOME!!

Yawl ARE THE BEST!!!

XOXOXOX
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images On Crochet Along---I am stuck, LOL-crochetscarfchallenge-jpg