Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Makeshift Ergonomic Hook

When you're using a metal hook such as Boye, does your grip keep slipping and you have to keep repositioning your hold?

A solution that has worked well for me is winding a ponytail holder (new fashioned rubber band) around the hook. It works well for me...and cheaper than buying an expensive ergonomic hook.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

2. Likes marybethblus, Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Great idea - I never really thought about using a ponytail holder! I will have to give this a try! Thank you for sharing with us!

What other uniques ways are you creative? Would love to hear from the members! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea! Looks like crocheters are inventors too! I clip my pattern to a piece of cardboard when I'm crocheting! I can keep track of where I am with a pencil as I have a hard surface to lean on! Has worked for years!

Post Thanks / Like
    cool thanks for sharing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I thought I had posted a reply yesterday but seems not. Anyhoo, GREAT idea! I used some O2 tubing for the one hook I seem to use the most. Works pretty good but I'll bet it's not as cushy as the ponytail holder! Keep 'em coming! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought these little green tubes of plastic that fit right over the plain crochet hook and they work great and were cheap. Except my puppy stole the one I was using and I still haven't found it. Lucky for her I had a spare.

Post Thanks / Like
    The puppy probably made a snack out of it. Dogs LOVES plastic. Don't be surprised if you see little green specks in it's poop.

No harm as long as the puppy doesn't make a habit out of eating plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Idea! I have been using Gel Grips, The little rubber thingys U can get to go over your pencils and pens, but they are too big around sooo, I have been putting scotch tape on the hook first, then the gel grip....The pony tail holder sounds like a better solution to me!! I also LOVE "CROCHET LITE" crochet hooks. They are easier to hold on to,But, they are expensive, and the little light is Awesome to make to easier to see your stitches. BUT!! I have had trouble getting the LIGHT on them to keep working!! The crochet lite company will replace them for U for up to a year. But it is a pain in the ..... to have to send them back in. The Ergonomic Aluminum Crochet Handle-by Boye. Works pretty well and fits over almost All metal crochet hooks. Costs 7.99 at Hobby Lobby. Ok U guys, What do U do to make it easier to hold on to your crochet hooks??

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I like the metel hooks; I've never added anything to them....maybe I'm missing out. I have a couple of the ones that light up and they just don't feel as comfy as a regular hook to me....but that's just me...will be interested in hearing more responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the metal hooks. I used a plastic one and it broke while I was crocheting. Do those ones with lights work good?