Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Don't you just HATE it...

..when the yarn runs out before the project is finished?!?

My first project (not counting the trapezoidal afghan aka laffrug. No, that's not a misspelling. It IS a laff!) is shrug made with Moonlight Mohair. Wonderful yarn, hides a multitude of sins.

It's what I like to think of as a "freeform" design as it is done in single crochet although the pattern calls out a sc in back loops only. That stitch looks ugly to me. Sleeves have been added (one has) but now am playing the waiting game looking for delivery of the last skein. >>>shriek!!<<<

Maybe my cellphone will take a picture of it that can be posted here soon.
    Last edited by Lynn E; 09-29-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a bit more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so I don't know to use the "edit" mode... anyway, the sitch, yarn & hook have been changed (>>>"to protect the innocent" she said in her best announcer voice<<< so it really IS freeform, isn't it?

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Running out of yarn is a MAJOR DRAG!! What is your solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just saying on another post that I am running out of yarn on my Spiderman afghan!!! Need black. UGH!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! It's contagious, Faye. I'm almost certain there are little fairies about helping themselves to little tiny bits of yarn. Over time that'll account for the dwindling supply of yarn.

The first part of my reply to you was a joke, Landon. Forgot to put in a smiley to let you know.
    My solution is twofold...whining & sniveling with a few choice words thrown in for good measure. If I was really on the ball I'd guesstimate the amount of yarn needed and add a bit more to be on the safe side. My crocheting is on the loose side (you may substitute "slapdash" for "loose") so it's a bit of insurance. Not being a competent crocheter I usually get the yarn, then search feverishly for a pattern. Duh! Nevertheless I charge blindly into the fray silently repeating my mantra, "I hope I have enough yarn, I hope I have enough yarn", ad nauseum until the project is finished or I've run out of yarn.

Repeat above steps as many times as needed. >>>sigh<<< :-D

Post Thanks / Like
    that just happen to me today! only need 2 rows and Walmart doesn't have any more..plus I just ordered yarn yesterday on line...but not what I need to finish the baby blanket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps a Yarn Exchange forum would help? Old time barter & trade. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great if postage wasn't so much. I definitely have some yarn I would trade.

10. Likes Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, the dreaded running out of a color. BOOOO! good thing my walmart is just minutes away. lol!

12. Likes Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running out of yarn is second only to not being able to find the same yarn again! I agree that it is sooo frustrating!! I have been know to say a few **** words too!

14. Likes Lynn E liked this post