Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Post Thanks / Like

How straight are these rows, but what have I left out??

Happy Saturday, everybody!!!

I have whinned a TON about how my ends were uneven, I would get frustrated, etc...wouldn't crochet because my ends were awful....blah blah...until I stumbled upon the answer, I was crocheting into the turning chain and all of that..........

Can you tell from this pictures what is missing???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1206[/ATTACH]

I skipped the TURNING CHAIN !!!!!

I came across an entry in a blog where the crocheter is talking about her problem with uneven ends and how she saw someone demonstrate crocheting but not using the turning chain.
    As far as I can tell, she follows all the other steps, just deletes the turning chain!

Here's the link to the article:

[url=http://www.crochetme.com/forums/p/36356/120946.aspx]Turning chain making edges uneven please help! - Crochet Me[/url]

So, this little swatch I have just made is without the turning chain!!! OMG!!! There is HOPE for me YET!! I am still struggling with that bugaboo and even have it in my new blog! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this!!

I am posting it on my blog too!!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images How straight are these rows, but what have I left out??-endwithslipknot-jpg How straight are these rows, but what have I left out??-rightend-jpg 

2. Likes libertylady64, susiebearsie, Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It always makes us so happy when we figure out what the heck we are doing wrong. Good job, now you go girl.

4. Likes Landon, Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is great!!!!

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with Bonnie. You GO girl! You are so tenacious. I am encouraged by your successes. Now if I could just conquer the fan problem at the end of the rows... Can't read that cool book that was posted, the type is too small. Gadzooks! Even with glasses I can't read it. Must mean my eyes are tired, not that I'm getting older :-D (Of course, that's sort of a given, isn't it? LOL!)

8. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice tip! It is always nice to learn and improve our crochetng techniques! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn, what cool book that was posted? Did you know that you can change the size of your font for your computer screen? Are you using Windows? I can't remember which drop down menu TEXT is under. Let me think, you have FILE, then EDIT, blah blah, don't you have TOOLS? There is a menu that opens up from the TEXT one and you can select the font size you want to use.

And Thank you! Yes, I am tenacious, I am a dog with a bone, LOL

Thank you, Ladies for your sweet words!!! I so appreciate them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, I understand why you are tired!!! Your blog is great it must have taken lots and lots of time. You are doing so good!!! And your necklace sets are beautiful! They are priced great and as soon as I get all my yarn paid for I am buying a set. The only hard part is deciding on one. You are an inspiration!!

12. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Faye! Yes, it took several hours to map out that 1st lesson. And thank you for the compliments on my jewelry, I have so much fun putting everything together, I am really grateful that I can make them! Thank you for your sweet words!

Post Thanks / Like
    ROFL! My eyes aren't THAT tired (cook book, huh!) Besides, I got out my telescope. Makes turning the pages a little difficult but think of all the exercise I'm getting climbing up & down the ladder from the ground to roof, then back again ;-D

Um, if I weren't so lazy my answer would be a Mac but it isn't set up so my Kindle Fire (you know, an ebook reader) is my current weapon of choice. You might just have shamed me into unearthing the Mac from the debris...then again, maybe not. :-)

Take care, m'dear. Get some rest. I will too since I'm exhausted from this biblical method of typing ("Seek and Ye Shall Find") which is being used waaay out context.

I'd add an attribution to the speaker but don't know who said it. Can anyone help with that?