Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

HEY EVERYONE! :) Newbee from Baltimore - Just Moved to NYC!!!

How is everyone? I'm still fairly new to crotcheting.. I've been doing chains since I was 6, and started making slouch hats from vids I watched on Youtube. I want to make skirts, and learn how to make patterns and do measurements. I have so so so much yarn and needles and no confidence that I can create beautiful dresses, skirts, etc.. so I need help..

Hopefully someone can help? <smile>

Blessings to you all.. I hope all is well here in our group and I look forward to posting more and also having conversations here in the group..

-Tanisha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Tanisha and welcome. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. You will find us not only friendly but helpful as well. If you need help or ask a question, there will be someone or several someones who will be able to answer it or help you thru it. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tanisha, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Tanisha, and Welcome!

I am Landon and am a newbie crocheter, self-taught actually. I really like your wanting to make skirts! Do you have any pictures of anything you have made? We love pictures!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a pattern that you are having trouble with we will try to walk you through it. You know that Youtube is a valuable resource as well. My favorite site for free patterns is FreeCrochet.com they have hundreds of patterns. I've never made a skirt but I know you can if you get good advice. Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tanisha and welcome! Do you have a specific skirt that you would like to make? If we knew that we would be able to help you! Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have!! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tanisha,

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you here with us! Start out small and work your way through doing new stitches and you will be well on your way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Tanisha! I'm Lynn, another newbie. Welcome to the group. These folks are great, you'll be making that skirt you're dreaming of in no time. Barbara's right about starting small. Take it from me LOL! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Tanisha. I am Larisa. I live in Europe and make thread doilies

10. Likes Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...just keep the desire w/ the practice and you will do just fine and create beautiful dresses...