Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

You can have it!!

While going through Mother's things that she left here I found this afghan that she started years ago. I am not a purple person and none of my family likes it. It 19 inches wide and 79 inches long. It is crocheted very loosely and that isn't my style either. If you want it and will pay for postage you may have it. I will mail it the cheapest possible way. I don't want any money for it just cover the postage. It is single crochet and I think it would be a great start for a beginner.If no one wants it I will discard it. It isn't wide enough to donate.

2. Likes ohsocute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello dear,

Can you add a picture of it? Also, could you donate it to someone in the nursing home? Just a thought for you.

4. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my sounds pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, if you or noone else wants it, why not take it apart and use the yarn for something else? Recycle it. Just a thought.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    You can have it!!-afghan-free-001-jpgYou can have it!!-afghan-free-002-jpgOOPS!!! Ya'll didn't see what I was thinking??? I'm sorry. I don't have a nursing home in the area that does crochet or knitting. All of the places close to me just warehouse the patients (not residents) so it would go to someone on the staff. I would really like to give it to a friend on this site. It is a deep purple, white and a variegated bright green. It is 19 inchs wide and 79 inchs long. It is crocheted very loose and it is very soft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh it looks so pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    how about donating it to one of the local churchs that may have a prayer shawl ministry??

Post Thanks / Like
    People, I want to give it to someone on here. Do none of you feel that I can give it to one of you? I didn't mean to start a conversation on where to give it. The first one that will pay postage may have it!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL....got it! Guess I was just trying to be too helpful!

I think the problem is most people here make their own. I know every one I make goes to our prayer shawl ministry to give to folks that are hospitalized or ill.

::shrug::

Sorry.
    Last edited by trishajohn; 09-27-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings and if no one wants it that's fine. I have unraveled so much in the last few weeks that I will throw it in a fire before I unravel it. lol