Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question Using a yard winder.

Why would using yarn winder (swift?) be any better than just holding two (or more?) strands together?

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people use yarn winders to roll their yarn to keep it from getting tangled while they are crocheting, or knitting. I have not personally used one at this point and time. If someone does crocheting day in and day out, I could see where it would be very useful to them in this respect.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, here is the search results on Crochet Talk from some threads where members were discussing yarn winders if you are interested:

http://crochettalk.com/search.php?searchid=87946

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn E Hi from Susan M J I have checked them out and wondered why/why not just hold 2 strands. We see eye to eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes when I'm working with a combination of varying weights of yarns, I prefer to prewind them into one ball rather than try to manage multiple balls. Especially when I'm working with the larger cones of yarns.

I can easily carry a ball of multi strand yarn that's 8 - 12 oz in my tote bag when I'm heading out, but to carry 3 or 4 huge cones can be rather cumbersome.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

8. Likes N/A, Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for explaining, Crochetgal! Are you the angel in your profile picture with the exquisite turquoise wings? What a beautiful shawl!

I didn't think that question through, did I? My excuse is I'm a newbie 'n I'm stickin' to it :-D. Keeping track of one strand is all I can handle right now.

Barbara G. thanks once again.

Hi, SeniorSueJ! Now we both know. The people on this site are so nice. Totally awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn E Thanks I'll get better with Threaders?? Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Great tip Crochet Gal. Do you use cone yarns a lot? I bought a couple cones, but some of them are really thin. What do you do with them. I guess you could mix it with any other yarn too. How do you do this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe loading the small stuff & another thicker yarn on the swift then winding it on the ball winder? Good question! I've been wondering too how she combines all those different yarns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaren6020 View Post
    Great tip Crochet Gal. Do you use cone yarns a lot? I bought a couple cones, but some of them are really thin. What do you do with them. I guess you could mix it with any other yarn too. How do you do this?
    Yes, I use cones quite a bit. I blend most of my own yarns for my shawls so I like to have a variety of yarns to select from.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices