Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

One method of adding beads to yarn

Actually I am using cotton thread because of the beads I have that would be big enough for the yarn I have, they would be really heavy. I'll cross that bridge another day...
    For now, this is what I have:::

I have a needle threader that is used for bead embroidery.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1145[/ATTACH]

I placed the little pincers through one of my smaller beads and ran the cotton thread through the pincer dealies:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1146[/ATTACH]

Ok, so I pulled the red bead so that the thread would go through it and ended up with this::

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1147[/ATTACH] So, then pulling through several red beads..... [ATTACH=CONFIG]1148[/ATTACH]

Does this make sense? It is easy, just TEDIOUS!! But, I think the effect will be well worth it!
    I double crocheted a little case for my cell phone. Then I took it apart to get the beads on it. Once I have the amount of beads I want, I will recrochet it and show yawl pics of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images One method of adding beads to yarn-threadfeeder-jpg One method of adding beads to yarn-threading-jpg One method of adding beads to yarn-redthreaded-jpg One method of adding beads to yarn-redbeadsoncopperthread-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much! Is this how you would add beads while you are crocheting an afghan? Or do you add them later on? Someone in the forums was asking about this at one point and time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that the beads would need to be added to the yarn first. Unless you embroider them on, that would work also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the large pony beads a lot and make a chain from the yarn I'm using and put the beads on that, for dangles and handles! Remember I make things for children!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Maryjane, I bet they are adorable!! Those pony beads are so colourful!