Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Adding Beads to your yarns...

Ok, folks, there are literally KAZILLIONS of beads made worldwide. There are also Kazillions of beads stores and websites. So you will never run out of choices!! NEVER!!

In order for the bead to be added to your yarn, the diameters must be taken into consideration. If the yarn has a diameter of 2 MM (milimeters) then you need beads that are bigger than that.

Will you use a needle, same deal, the diameters have to be compatible.

Now, beads come in diameters as tiny as 0.4 to 0.7 MM diameter and as large as several MM in diameter. Beads come in a variety of shapes too.

Fire Mountain Gems has a huge website but I find them to be too expensive to me. But, it could give you an idea of what is out there bead wise. Then multiple that amount by a KAZILLION!! LOL

I have added here a picture with a couple of beads I have to try to give you an idea. The blue one by the arrow is a 6 MM glass bead. The tiny brown ones are called seed beads and they are tiny! I use jewellery wire for those that has a diameter of .013. You can see some of the others have larger holes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1143[/ATTACH]

We are only limited by our imaginations!! And we haven't talked about charms and all the materials THOSE come in!!!

I hope this helps yawl somehow.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images Adding Beads to your yarns...-beadvariety-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Landon! I have a shall pattern that calls for beads, this will be extremely helpful to know once I start gathering supplies to make it.

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I am delighted that this helpful to you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see some projects using beads in progress, and ideas about the best way to add the beads etc. Thanks for all the great ideas. Photos would be super also. The picture of the bead sizes was great. Birdqueen

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll see what I can come up with, birdqueen. I am learning as I go, LOL Which is what I do, I make it up as I go! I am glad you like the ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes - Landon any tips you have with using beads and yarn projects - we would love to hear about them!

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I didn't think about all the types. I wondered about the sizes of the holes and how to add them to yarn. Keep up the schooling!!