Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: home sewing

Post Thanks / Like

home sewing

Hi everyone I am new here....I am Lynda. My last project was a camoflauge crochet afghan. What a pain it was and will probably never make another one. I am starting to get back into clothing construction and sewing. It is getting to be winter weather and need new flannel pajamas. I am currently in the middle of making 2 pair for me. I will be making a couple pair of regular light weight jeans for myself and a couple of tops to go with pants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, howdie and welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda, welcome to the forum! I was wanting to make a camoflauge afghan but haven't yet. my son-n- law wants one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! It is great to have you here on site with us! I would love to see a picture of your afghan even though it was hard for you to do. Thanks for sharing with us!

5. Likes gabbysgma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to post a picture when my daughter can help me. Thank you and I am happy to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you and I am happy to be here. The funniest thing happen when I was piecing all the different pieces together, my 4 year old grandson whom I made the afghan for was at my house. I showed it to him and he was going to hold it but then he got a whiff of the yarn cause I hadn't washed it yet. He looked at me and then he looked at his Mom and he said yuck it stinks and then he layed it back down.

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet your grandson's face was priceless, LOLOL How cute! Out of the mouth of babes! I sew also! So pleased to meet you! Where do you get your fabric? I live in a little mountain town and here there is Walmart which just recently reopened their fabric department. here are a few local stores that sell fabric, but I think they are high! I could trek to St. Louis.....but...why do that when I can shop online!!?? I need some new flannel jammies too!

10. Likes gabbysgma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda and welcome! I could use some nice warm jammies too!! Glad you joined us!

12. Likes gabbysgma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy a lot of my material at Walmart, ours has a pretty good size material selection. I also shop at Beverly fabrics for what I can't find at Walmart. You know Walmart has the Newlook patterns made by Simplicity patterns and this pattern that I bought for my pajamas is only $1.97. It's a great deal for patterns. I haven't checked online but I will look for material soon and check prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you,