Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Starting a new project

Hope you all are having a great evening! Sometimes I am a spur of the moment type person. I'll find a pattern that I want to do, like right now. So, off I go to shop for yarn for the project and cannot get the colors I need to work on my project. Does anyone else have this problem?? It just seems to me that if these stores offer free patterns that they should also offer the color of yarn it takes to complete the project. I just get so discouraged, or should I say impatient because I can't find the colors I need to do a project. I know that I can get on the internet and most of the time find it, but sometimes I just want it now. Sorry guys, just venting! Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being frustrated is understandable. I usually go and buy yarn then find a project to do with it. I am backwards sometime and also have to go get more yarn on occasion in this situation.

Plus, if my daughter is with me she will pick out some colors she really likes and then we have to figure out what we are going to make with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually buy the yarn then decide what I'm going to make. I have a room w/shelfs I keep most of my fav colors that I use most. I always buy 10 skeins of yarn that has a dye lot. but I understand what you are saying and I agree w/you!

Post Thanks / Like
    That happened to me to the other day. I went to Hobby Lobby, Walmart and all the local craft shops to no avail. So now I have a project that will be on hold til my order comes in mail. When working on big projects I usually buy out the yarn that I need but didn't this last time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am frustrated when I need a certain yarn and no one in this area has the yarn. Small, small town and I can't just run out and get what I want. I hate ordering yarn and waiting for it to arrive, no patience! Welcome ang good crocheting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I found a pattern that I thought wow free and I would love to do that and yup the store didn't carry that kind of yarn. So I just try it w/ differnt yarn/thread and see if I can make it w/ a twist...no pun intended....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the feeling! I don't get out shopping too often, so I buy the yarn first and then figure out what to make-especially if it's on sale!! But it is so frustrating when you have a planned project and can't find the yarn you want!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have that problem because I always want to make whatever a different color than what they are and I choose from what's available. I guess I'm not that hard to please. Enjoy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sueo4750 View Post
    Hope you all are having a great evening! Sometimes I am a spur of the moment type person. I'll find a pattern that I want to do, like right now. So, off I go to shop for yarn for the project and cannot get the colors I need to work on my project. Does anyone else have this problem?? It just seems to me that if these stores offer free patterns that they should also offer the color of yarn it takes to complete the project. I just get so discouraged, or should I say impatient because I can't find the colors I need to do a project. I know that I can get on the internet and most of the time find it, but sometimes I just want it now. Sorry guys, just venting! Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way and when you buy from the internet or a catalog, the colors you see and what you get are two very different things. Been disappointed on several occasions!

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to remember is that the free leaflets offered by the stores are there to inspire you and to try to get you to purchase a specific brand of yarn.

When I'm shipping yarns to my customers I'll quite often add a couple of pattern leaflets to their order if I know what they like to crochet. I'm not trying to get more business, but with the cost of patterns its always nice to be able to see something different every now and then.

Many of my customers are simply amazed at how fast I can get product shipped out to them if its in stock. Orders that are placed over the weekend are shipped on Monday morning and many people will have their yarns by Wednesday or Thursday. If you really want it the next day I can arrange for that as well.

My biggest problem when I want to make something is even with a full yarn shop in the other room, I still quite often don't have the yarn that I want!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices