Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby Blanket with cross in center...used for baptisims

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a simple pattern for a baby blanket that we can use for baptisms. I've seen one that is made like filet crochet, using DC's. The cross is in the center of the blanket (the holy parts) and the edging is a simple scallop. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am not having much grace in locating a pattern for you. This one was a listing which looks nice, but it is "sold." If you cannot find anything else, you may contact the seller and see if they will be listing again. Others may also have some ideas.

Cross Afghan Crochet Pattern Religious Blanket Throw - Afghan Patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also find a really nice baby blanket pattern and cross stitch the cross on it, if you use a pattern which will be easy to add to it in this manner. I will also keep looking...

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a nice crochet afghan square with a cross in the middle of each one you create:

Cross Afghan Square Crochet Pattern - Free Crochet Pattern Courtesy of Crochetnmore.com

Can't post picture on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting there! Thanks Barbara for finding these. I appreciate all your hard work! I my be able to modify the Cross Afghan Square pattern to turn it into blanket size. Leave the cross pattern as 'holes' and fill in the rest with DC's....may work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been making crocheted baptism blankets for years and it is truly rewarding! It's nice hearing others are doing it, too. I live a little farther north than you, so make my stitches closer than you probably do ; ) - I don't have a pattern per se, but if you'd ch approx 110 and then turn, do a dc in 3rd stitch from hook, ch1, and repeat all away across, you'll get your filet stitch. For the 2nd row, ch3, turn and then do a dc in 2nd dc followed by one ch - repeat to end. When you get to where you want to the row you want to start the cross/crucifix - I'm guessing you'd want this in the middle of the blanket - do the same as 2nd row til you get towards the middle of the blanket, then dc in EVERY stitch/space (so you have 5 or 7 double crochets - or more, if you want the cross wider) then continue on with the dc/ch/dc across to end of row. Repeat that row til you get the height of the bottom of the cross, then dc/ch1/dc til you get approx 6" from where you started the 5/7 dc for the cross - do a dc in each of next dc/ch and in each of the 5/7 dc and then in each of the next dc/ch to make the arms, continue with the filet stitch to end. Do this row til you get the width of the arms (approx 5 rows - 7, if you used 7 stitches for the bottom of the cross)........then go back to your filet stitch and the 5/7 dc for the top of the cross. Once you have the size/heighth of the cross you want, simply do the filet stitch (dc/ch/dc) for the remainder of blanket. Once you are done, do not cut yarn, ch1, turn, and start your scallop ending.......

I hope this all makes sense......once you start in, it WILL (hopefully) make sense.........do let me know if you have any questions.........Best wishes........you're doing a beautiful thing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for!!! You just made my day!