Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Ends rolling up

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ends rolling up

I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop the end of my ripple afghan from rolling up on the end? I thought maybe there was a stitch that I could do at the end of a row that might help. Maybe someone else has had this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Often times, if you are using a simple crochet stitch, the ends may curl more. You are not necessarily doing anything wrong. The best thing to do is to add a border to the project which will help prevent the curling crochet ends.

Also be sure your guage is good just to make sure it is not causing you difficulty. Tight tension can also cause curling. Also, sometimes using a larger hook size for your project will help reduce curling because it will increase the size some of the stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked this question too just to make sure I wasn't the only one...what helps me w/ thread, i've safety pined the ends and this helped a lot too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barbara and Anaisa for your help and suggestions. <|: )

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You will find that sc curls more than the larger stitches. At least for me it does. When you block it I bet it lays down nicely and adding a border is a good idea make sure you use the same size hook or larger when you do the border and space your stitches evenly on the sides. Curling is not a big problem but almost all of us have had to make adjustments. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you are working in the back loop only across the afghan. To keep the ends from rolling up, do the last two stitches on each end thru both loops. This will make the sides lie flat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually do the last 1 or 2 stitches in both loops too! Also keeping track of the last stitch of the row helps too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I put on a border too. I think it helps smooth out any edges that are not just right. LOL Not that we would make a mistake.
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you pulling the end stitches too tight?
    When you carry yarn up the sides, is it loose enough to allow the work to lay flat?
    Is your tension uneven?
    Have you missed a stitch and the work is pulling because there are not the right sts in the row?

These are things that have adversely affected my work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't crochet tight and I don't usually have this problem. I just thought maybe someone else had this happen from time to time.
    I do add a borders when it is needed. Thanks for all your ideas. Have a great day!