Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Crocheted Prayer Shawl Pattern

Does anyone out there have any crochet patterns for prayer shawls? I have a bunch of scrap yarn I'd like to use up on prayer shawls........Appreciate any pattern..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DeeBee, I do have several prayer shawl patterns. Give me day or two so I can scan them and post for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    find any shawl pattern that you like, and as you crochet the pattern, say the prayers for the receiver, it does not have to be a particular prayer shawl pattern. Many of the ladies have preference in the shawls they make for the lady usually receiving it.
    Just the simple prayer mantra the calming distraction of the pattern, and the loving thoughts woven in during the making are sincere, and caring, is more important than the pattern itself.
    Good luck, this is a very sharing, caring thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

We have several thread on the forums from other members who have made requests regarding prayer shawls:

http://crochettalk.com/pattern-reque...-patterns.html

http://crochettalk.com/pattern-reque...-patterns.html

Post Thanks / Like
    The Triangular Shawl pattern is so feminine, and seems easy enough (although I haven't attempted it yet) Thank you for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite prayer shawl pattern is free from Lion Brand Yarn pattern #90408AD the South Bay Shawlette - you can make it any size and with any yarn. Free pattern from Caron yarns in Simply Soft Paint is the Harlequin Shawl. I also like the So Simple Box Shawl
    Ideal Delusions: So Simple Box Stitch Shawl I have made all of these in the last year as prayer shawls for specific people. I think there are pictures on my page. I'm not sure how to navigate; but if you scroll through my posts you can see some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    DorisAnn - I don't know where I originally got the link for your box stitch shawl pattern but I just wanted to tell you that I really like it. I haven't made an afghan with that stitch but have it in my "list of things to do". I like your work. Thanks, Billie
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billieconrad View Post
    DorisAnn - I don't know where I originally got the link for your box stitch shawl pattern but I just wanted to tell you that I really like it. I haven't made an afghan with that stitch but have it in my "list of things to do". I like your work. Thanks, Billie
    Thank you. I have recently made another, smaller version, with 3 skeins of Caron Simply Soft "Party" color is Silver Sparkle and it is amazing. Very nice for an evening out. I love the versatility of this pattern, easy, and any Size and any Yarn. I have not posted the photo yet because the sparkle does not show up well on the computer but I hope to get it on the site in the next week.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

10. Likes billieconrad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    Thank you. I have recently made another, smaller version, with 3 skeins of Caron Simply Soft "Party" color is Silver Sparkle and it is amazing. Very nice for an evening out. I love the versatility of this pattern, easy, and any Size and any Yarn. I have not posted the photo yet because the sparkle does not show up well on the computer but I hope to get it on the site in the next week.
    Just like a little kid, I can hardly wait until you post it on your blog or here! I absolutely LOVE your work!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!