Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

For us crocheters whose row ends are uneven....

H, Yawl,

I have been working at learning to crochet for about a year now, but I have found myself stuck on basic dish towels because I can't get the end of my rows consistently even.

Until now.....

I reviewed basic technique by googling beginner crochet end row out of sheer frustration and found out what I have been doing wrong.

I have been marking the turning chain as the last stitch instead of the stitch itself. Basic crochet stitch mechanics that I somehow overlooked.

I am now marking and crocheting in the last stitch instead of marking and crocheting in the turning chain and my piece looks much smoother!!

Just wanted to share in case there is someone else who is learning and getting hung up on the end of their rows.

Happy Crafting!!

Landon

2. Likes twinfaye, audie458, peanut, nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon,

Thank you for sharing this great tip with the forums! I am sure it will be very useful info for others. I have to watch my end stitch as well but over time I am getting better at it. I am also getting better at marking the proper stitch in the row.

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Like they say, practise practise practise!!! But ya gotta know how to do it in the first place, LOL Thank God for online video tutorials, they sure do help out a lot!! I am glad you like my tip!

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always recommend put a pin in the last stitch of the row, but I guess we never specified exactly what stitch it was! Thanks Landon for the explaination!

8. Likes Barbara G., Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Some patterns will actually tell you to use the top of the turning chain for your last stitch, but not all work that way.
    Doesn't it make you feel good to finally figure it out. I have lost soooo much time over the years until a pattern clicks for me. But what a joy it is when I figure it out.

Thanks for sharing with us.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Maryjane and Judi,

I am now learning double crochet and the instructions say to include the turning chain as a stitch. Sure makes that easier! LOL It is easier to find those, but I am still marking the ends, just to be on the safe side of my crochet, LOL

Maryjane, I am glad to help out!!
    Judi, girl, you can say that again and again....I am thrilled to be able to move forward now!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, I have been trying to figure out end rows for years!!
    Susie

12. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Susiebearsie!! I am so glad this has helped you! You have made my day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too had this same problem until I joined a crochet/knit group and found out the same thing! You have to watch your pattern though because some tell you to crochet into the turning chain. thanks for the post.

15. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is my pleasure, Catherinekay!! And yes, I am seeing that about treating and counting the turning chain as a stitch. Can't read those patterns to carefully!