Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help With Converting Threads From US to Australia

I sent size 50 thread to a friend in Au. She had said she was using size 50.
    I thought it a little thick for what she was crocheting. It turned out not the same
    size thread she was using Does anyone know what size thread we have in US that would be the equivalent of AU's size 50?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Jewels,

I found this but it doesn't mention size 50. I hope it helps you somehow.

[url=http://www.karpstyles.com/yarn_conversion.html]Yarn Conversion Chart USA-UK-Australia-NZ Karp Styles.[/url]

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that website to but it doesn't tell you about the thread sizes.
    Thank you for looking for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry! A lot of this is over my head since I am very new to crocheting. I found this site, have you seen it?

[url=http://www.crochetaustralia.com.au/pages/Learn-the-Basics.html]Learn the Basics[/url]

It talks about the conversions from US to Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    We do have members from Europe which may be able to confirm with you on this that work with thread. Please be patient, I think one of them is kl1000. She works with making doilies and I believe she may be able to also provide you with some info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I looked the site over but still no luck. Very kind of you to take the time to look for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope she can help me, Barbara. I want to send the right size thread this time to my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I hope she can help me, Barbara. I want to send the right size thread this time to my friend.

Hello - another thought I have is also that some manufactures may have different "thicknesses" during production. I am not familiar with thread, yet. LOL I just bought my first roll of thread in Christmas colors the other day and a very small crochet hook. It will be an experience for me.

We do however have some more experienced crochet thread souls here on the boards. Also, crochetgal is really knowledgable in yarns. She also may know about threads, too. She sells alot of different varieties of yarn. Maybe, she will also be helpful even in the conversion info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the info. I use size 10 for doilies and projects calling for that size. My favorite crochet hook for that is a 7.

Post Thanks / Like
    That seems like the universal size....I got some from Portugal but it was slightly thicker than our size 10...