Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Cross Square

Post Thanks / Like

Cross Square

I'making a square out of black yarn with a kinda green cross in the center. How do I carry the green without it showing when I change colors? I am fastening off and refastening and that really gets old, but it's a beautiful pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am not sure if this will help you. Hopefully, it will help you though:

http://crochettalk.com/main/1009-changing-colors.html

This one has a few videos which may help you as well:

http://crochettalk.com/main/543-help...ng-colors.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Adairdm, can you run the black through the black and the green through the green with a large eyed yarn needle? I'd try. Just a guess. Others will know for sure.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Adairdm, can you run the black through the black and the green through the green with a large eyed yarn needle? I'd try. Just a guess. Others will know for sure.
    Good stiching
    Billie
    This is also a thought - been a long day! Why did I not think of that? LOL :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    This is also a thought - been a long day! Why did I not think of that? LOL :0)
    That's worth a try. I did not think of that either. I've just been fighting with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made an afghan that was double sided and I carried two pieces of yarn throughout, I just ran the opposite color along the row and that worked but to be honest it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what I did. I was a relatively new crocheter so it couldn't have been too hard. Good luck! Someone here will know the best answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the encouragement. I want to give this afghan to my son for Christmas and I want it to be perfect, but.....I'll keep on trying.

Post Thanks / Like
    If its a small square that you are working, you can carry the black across while you work the green. Just be sure to hold the black close to the work so that the green stitches work over the black as well.

If its a larger piece, then I would strongly suggest that you have two balls of black working. Work the black up to the green, drop the black and pick up the green, work the green, drop the green and pick up the black from the 2nd ball.

This will give a much 'cleaner' look to the piece.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I'm doing, but you can still see the green as you carry it across. I guess that really doesn't matter.I just wanted it to have that clean look. It's a 15" square so it's a lot to keep cutting and re-fastening.

Thanks for the information.

Post Thanks / Like
    On a 15" square,I'd be going the 'two ball' route with the black, using one ball on the one side of the cross and the second on the other.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices