Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Eyelash Yarns and Boa Yarn, How do you use them?

Hi, Yawl,

I tried the eyelash yarn and got so frustrated with it!! I could NOT [U]SEE[/U] what I was trying to do. I even tried wetting it, but I could not work with it. Ladyliberty64 suggested the Boa yarn and I looked it up, naturally.

Is it easier to use? Is there a trick to working with those types of yarns? I really like those yarns, they are so distinctive!

I so appreciate yawl's time!
    Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used eyelash yarn. It can be a real pain by itself but works up very easily when you hold another piece of yarn with it. Have not used boa yarn but imagine it is about the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Jan!!

Thank you, yes, that would make it easier, not to mention the fun you could have with playing with colours!!

I found this when I searched for tips:

[url=http://crochet.about.com/od/tipstroubleshooting/tp/Eyelash_Yarn_Tips.htm]Learn Tips and Tricks for Crocheting With Eyelash Yarn[/url]

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just like "fun" fur not for me although the suggestion to use another yarn with it might work. What was the boa yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg, are you serious? I thought you were joking about the boa's being snakes, LOLOL

Go here, this is boa yarn::

[url=http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=boa]Bernat: Bernat Boa - Free Knitting and Crochet Patterns![/url]

Post Thanks / Like
    I was joking about that, silly. My son is a stand up comedian and he keeps telling me that if I have to explain the joke it isn't funny. My all time favorite joke was told to me by one of my favorite cousins when I was seven. My son (Randy) had me tell it at one of his gigs. They groaned and laughed: Do you know what happened to the little Indian (this was before we knew to be politically correct) who drank too much tea? He drowned in his teepee.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is harder online, no body language to go by. But, I've got your number, missy!! (cackling crazily like the Wicked Witch of the West!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    No flying monkeys!!! I give up!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I think my favorite line from the movie was when they woke up in the poppy field and the Cowardly Lion goes:::

"Unusual weather we're having, ain't it?" I cracked up at that when I saw the movie for the first time when I was a kid and to this day it still cracks me up, LOL

I will give the fun yarns another go, they are so CUTE!! I like the idea of doubling up the yarns, I can see how that would help. Of course, saying and DOING are 2 different things!! ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon! I have and douse both eyelash and boa yarns and I love the look. Yes they do tend to be a pain to work with and I find they are easier to knit then crochet. I also use them alot for trims. The bigger your needles are the easier it seems. I have used both for making bolero jackets and I think they look great. When first starting out with these yarns, it seems reallly difficult, but stick with it cuz once you get used to working with this stuff; you'll love the results.

11. Likes Landon liked this post