Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone recommend a fingering or dk weight silk blend yarn? help!

I've searched and searched and there's too many choices!! Can anyone recommend a good quality, soft silk or bamboo blend yarn for a short-sleeved sweater I want to make as a gift? Either a fingering, sock, or dk weight would be fine. Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracie,

Be patient - I have not crocheted clothing, nor used silk so I am unable to make a suggestion. We will have others on site who are more familiar with your needs. Thank you for being patient!

Post Thanks / Like
    For bamboo I like to use the Aunt Lydia's crochet bamboo in the #3 weight. It comes in about 10 different colours and many have a matching 'iced' version as well... a version with a very fine metallic thread through it for an added touch of sparkle.

For a silk, I love the Noro Silk Garden blend because of its colour variations.

Both have excellent draping qualities and are wonderful for garments.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to look at those yarns Crochetgirl where do I find them? I have only used regular yarn or one with the metallic string through it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, the Bamboo thread can be found at Joann's and Micheals. I find them better than the silk to crochet for clothing....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I'd like to look at those yarns Crochetgirl where do I find them? I have only used regular yarn or one with the metallic string through it.
    The aunt Lydia's cotton can be seen at http://crochetgal.etsy.com and there are a number of sites that carry the Noro Silk garden yarn

Google

You will find that the prices you pay at http://crochetgal.etsy.com are less than the price at either Michaels or Joann's

Post Thanks / Like
    I like patons lace yarn not sure blend .It is the size you need. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetgirl, I had no idea that you are an expert!! I went to your site and I was amazed that I have made a new friend and she is an expert crocheter. Loved your site!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye,

Thanks very much for the compliments on my work.
    I don't know if I'd consider myself an 'expert' at all, but I have been crocheting for a number of years.

I do also try to carry a fairly wide range of yarns and threads in the shop at http://crochetgal.etsy.com