Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Need hints for stitch i'm having trouble with

I'm crocheting a blanket that calls for 28 flowers using the Bent Roll Stitch. I've tried and tried and I can't seem to complete this stitch. Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here are a few resources which may be helpful on this type of stitch:

Roll or Bullion Crochet Stitch Instructions and Photo

I am assuming you are right handed when I post this. Let me know otherwise if you need other resources.

3. Likes Val, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a nice stitch for a doily, but one that you have to take your time doing. It could give good detail.
    I have seen this stitch before but haven't tried it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the tutorial. I'm going to have to practice this stitch a lot in order to perfect it.

Post Thanks / Like
    A stitch such as the bent roll stitch takes practice to master... just like anything else.

I'd suggest that you work a few swatches before you work on the final project.

There are also special hooks available called 'boullion stitch hooks' that have a longer shank than the normal hook. Have you tried using one of those?

If you don't have a boullion hook, you can always substitute an afghan hook or a any hook with a long shank.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    A stitch such as the bent roll stitch takes practice to master... just like anything else.

I'd suggest that you work a few swatches before you work on the final project.

There are also special hooks available called 'boullion stitch hooks' that have a longer shank than the normal hook. Have you tried using one of those?

If you don't have a boullion hook, you can always substitute an afghan hook or a any hook with a long shank.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices