Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi this is Darlene N and I hope you all can help me

I am lookin for some help on something that I saw at a fair and expo ,a lady had fleese baby blanket and a crochet border around it ,very pretty ,and my question is how do you get the border going on the fleese ? Do you have to have some kind of hole punch or what Help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

It is great to have you here on site with us! Here is some info which should help you:

How to Crochet a Border on a Blanket | eHow.com

How to Crochet a Border Around a Piece of Cotton Fabric | eHow.com

Let us know if you need anymore help with this. I know some people use a punch to create little circle holes to add a crochet border to.

Post Thanks / Like
    W/ fleese I usually put a thread border, so my hook is all I need. If you are using yarn, I usually make a blanket stitch border first then use my hook. Hope this helps, howdie and welcome....btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never used this technique but I knew that someone would have just the answer. You'll find thaty most questions get answered fast here. We would love to see some of your projects on the forum under pictures. Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad to see responses for you! i am clueless on that, LOL Glad you are here.

Happy Crocheting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Awhile back we discussed a rotory type tool that is used to make holes for edging fleece, etc. I'll see if I can find it! It seemed like it was very easy to use-you just rolled it along your edges and you had instant holes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darlene, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darlene/ It s nice to meet you. I am larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    See, there is always an answer and it is fast. I just love this place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Darlene and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. I have done borders on small fleece items and I used a steel crochet hook to do the initial part of the border. If I was using yarn, I used a size 3 - 00 hook, depending on the thickness of the yarn. Then I switched to an aluminum hook in whatever size I was to be using for the border. If I was using thread, I just used the steel hook that I was going to use for the border, just pushing the hook thru the fleece and crocheting the foundation stitch. Hope this helps. You will find us friendly and helpful. Have fun.