Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Help purchasing a yarn winder

I am so tired of trying to crochet and the pull string from the skein gets hung up with the other end and then I spend HOURS pulling knots out before I can crochet again. I don't know the difference in the winder, ball or pull skein, hand or electric? Can anyone explain it to me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Faye,

Be patient - I know that there are members who have used this kind of help. I have not, but I am also curious about other's responses. Thanks for asking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is not one of my virtues but I know everyone that knows anything will answer and help me out. I love this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is the key...It's hard to have the desire and finally TIME to crochet and a knot occurs that takes your time away...I've tried the eletric and I've done it by hand...sometimes the eletric gets out of control and once a knot or lose thread happens, try taking that appart! For me, I find winding a skein by hand is just part of the process....slow and steady....since I like using thread, it's sad to have the 'ball' slip from my fingers and unroll...sighs...I just pick it up and keep going. Patience is the key for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually just look for both ends then pull both out...I wrap the outside on the paper that holds the yard ..crochet from the skien. some I just roll in ball. I never have used a winder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, you want me to be a grownup at 61!! I don't want to!! I want something to be easy! lol

7. Likes Carynjoyb, billiebob, gmatotwo, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a hand ball winder and I love it. It really helps when I am crocheting. I don't always use it though and will just pull from the skein. A lot of times that's when I have to stop and untangle the yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, hand ball winder - what does that look like and does it wind the yarn into a ball? Do you have to have cones or something to put the yarn on? See, I don't know anything about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I uaually use the yarn from the skein! If I find knots or tangles I rewind it by hand! I'm interested in what other people use!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been pulling from the skein and I think I had one out 15 not become a tangled mess. This is really a problem for me as it is keeping me from making the progress I should be making. More facts please I want to order what ya'll recommend. Electric or manual???