Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Need help in understanding the instructions.

Many, many years ago I use to crochet so I thought I go out and purchase some yarn and needle and start a project. NOT, I know most of the stitches but I could not understand some of the instructions so now I need help!!!!!!!!!! The first row says doublecrochet3together (dc3tog) over 4th ch from hook and next 2 ch. I'm not sure if on the 4th ch I double crochet 3 in the same space, it seems when I double crochet 3 tog in the same space it gets very crowded. am I doing this right? I'm trying to make one skein ripple wrap. I guess it's making the ripples and that's why it seems crowded to me. Anyway, if you can help me and let me know if I'm doing it right. The pattern is on Caron International Yarns and Latch Hook Kits. Maybe if one can look at the instuctions I'm looking at you'll get a better idea of what I'm saying and can help me. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here with us! What is the name of the pattern on the Caron sight? Thanks for letting us know to make sure we are looking at the right patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I just found the pattern. I was looking under shawls instead of one pound patterns. The site does not have a search function on it. This is the pattern you are working on, correct?

Caron International Yarns and Latch Hook Kits

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not the best with instructions, so bear with me. Also, some other members will be off and on the site to help us as well.

chain 159 loosely.
    in the fourth chain from the hook you will dc3tog, do this also in the next two chains.
    chain one, then tr in next chain
    chain one, then tr in next chain...

Does this help you? If you have done your first 159 chain too tightly, it will be more difficult to do the above.

Let us know and we will do our best to clarify for you!

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carmen, welcome to the forum! be sure and read the SPECIAL TERMS..that will explain it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes what Barbara and Val said...you have to at least do a half row to see how 'crowded' or not it truly is....(or not..lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, yes. This is awesome. Thanks.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I did, but I think that's how it's suppose to be, after looking at the way it kind of gathers. I'm going to try it again and do a little more then I did before just to see how it looks. I just might try doing a few roles that way I get a better look at it. I'll let you guys know if that worked or not. Thanks.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'll do the chain again to make sure it's loose enough. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again. this is awesome. I guess once I start going and seeing how it's coming along I'll be able to see if I'm doing it correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carmen! Sometimes you have to do a few rows in the pattern before you will actually see what it looks like! And it does take a bit of practice when you are doing a new stitch! Good luck with it! Perhaps you will post a picture when you are done?