Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New member with a question

Since I have started to crochet again after several years of not doing so I find I am having trouble keeping my stitches running straight up and down. They look a little sideways. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you referring to your chain stitch, or just crocheting in general? If it has been a while since you have crocheted, you may be holding your work akwardly which will show in your work. For example, if you are stiff when working and holding your hand at an unnatural angle, you may be seeing this in your work. I hope this helps you. Also, how are doing on your tension? Is it even through your work? This could also be part of the challenge...

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way! Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be your tension..

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....is it your tention? When you hold your work straight does those stitches look better?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my tension is okay but I am making a baby blanket and the bigger it gets the harder it is to hold straight... so that might be it. Thanks and I'll try to hold it straighter.

Post Thanks / Like
    My chain stitch seems to be okay but, you are right, it may be that since I haven't crocheted in a while I may be a little akward at it. I'll try to loosen up and hold my work a little straighter and see if that helps. Thanks so much for your help and the big welcome. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all who answered my post. I will take everyone's advice on how to get my stitches a little straighter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Im fairly new and senior with arthritus so I am slow . Im tight and all your comments I've read from others are good. Good luck and dont quit like I did as it does'nt help keep practicing, I am. What are you crocheting?? Susan M. Jensen

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet that slants

Many times this happens because of the way we hold our project while working on it. When finished with your project, simply lightly pull article in opposite direction and/or steam press. If this fails, you may need to look at your tension to see if it's consistant.

11. Likes MooreThanBags liked this post