Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Instructions for a Lion Main HELP!

I am new to crocheting and I'm struggling to understand this pattern.

I'm making a little lion toy and I can't seem to understand how to do the mane part. It's the following instruction:

Rnd 10 (Mane): 3ch, working into front loop only, 3tr in first st, *miss next st, sl st into next st, miss next st, 7tr in next st; rep from * to last three sts, miss next st, sl st into next st, 3tr in first st, sl st in third ch

Simpler the explanation the more it will help! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I have never made toys but this is how I understand this round.

This is how I read your instructions.
    Round 10: Chain 3,
    you will be working in the front loop only (not through both loops from the last rnd).
    Make 3 treble stitches in the first stitch of the round ( the stitch right after the chain 3)
    this is a repeat set of stitches * skip the next stitch, slip stitch into the next stitch, skip the next stitch.
    make 7 treble in the next stitch, repeat from *
    until the last 3 stitches,

the last 3 stitches;
    First stitch of the last 3:skip the first stitch
    2nd stitch of the last 3 :slip stitch in the second stitch
    Now go back to the first stitch you skipped and make 3 Treble's in the first stitch you skipped

in the 3rd and final stitch of the rnd you will slip stitch.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    You are trying to make it too complicated. Work in the front loop of the row only, 3 triple crochet in first stitch, * skip next stitch, slip stitch in the next stitch, skip next stitch, 7 triple crochet in the next stitch. Repeat the directions starting at the * until you have 3 stitches left. Skip the next stitch, slip stitch in the next stitch, 3 triple crochet in the last stitch and slip stitch in the third chain in the 1st triple crochet. there you have it....the mane is done. Easy Peasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that Spoula's explanations made things a bit more clear for a beginner. Amccusker is new to crochet.

5. Thanks spoula thanked for this post