Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

QUESTION?? - My version of Half Double Crochet

Hey, yawl,

I appreciate any and all feedback on this. I am positive I am doing the stitch properly, I have very carefully read the instructions and also watched a video on this stitch. It just looks wonky to me. Is it just really loose? I keep taking it apart and redoing it. It looks to me nothing like the picture in the guide!! LOL

I appreciate yawl's time!!

Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images QUESTION?? - My version of Half Double Crochet-halfdoublecrochet-jpg QUESTION?? - My version of Half Double Crochet-hdc3-jpg QUESTION?? - My version of Half Double Crochet-hdccorner-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Landon,

It looks like you are doing a pretty good job with your stitching. The first thing I wonder is if your tension is changing during the creation of your project. The reason I am thinking this is when looking at it closely, you will see different sizing of "holes." Also, on your corner I am wondering if you might have picked up an extra stitch on the end.

I am not perfect and still learning each and every day I crochet. There will also be more experienced crocheters on the site and I am sure they will also give their opinion.

Thanks for your patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb is right! Your tension seems to change! It's a good idea to count the stitches every once in a while to make sure you are not puicking up stitches! I put a small pin on the last stitch of the row so I know where it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup looks like your tenstion is changing...but that comes w/ practice...great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Barbara, Maryjane and Anaisa,

I will work on that! I appreciate your feedback!

XOXOX
    Landon

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good.. I have be crocheting for 7 years and I still have problems with my tension and gauge.. So no worries just keep at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Paige!

I followed your link to your FB page and saw your work! You do beautiful pieces!! I have made several potholder like towel thingies, LOL and I use them in my kitchen. They sure do come in handy and I feel good about myself when I use them and when I see them make it through the washing machine and dryer cycles, LOL

Happy Crocheting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I am moving in a couple of weeks and wanted new kitchen things. I can't wait to start using them.

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, I am happy for you! Are you excited about your move? I hope all will go smoothly for you and your family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man I am so not excited to move. This will be the second move this summer. Thank you! I think it should we used to move like every six months or so we are experts at it almost 30 years later lol.