Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to thread

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New to thread

Hi y'all, I'm both new here and fairly new to crocheting. I'm hoping to find something to do with my hand and to take up my mind. i thave taken care of my mom for over 4 years and she has many problems, alz, macular degeneration, deaf can't walk and kidney failure. So my life is very boring as I can never leave and am stuck home mostly all the time. I have to have something that I can just continue to do wtihour counting because I'm always jumping up waiting on her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! There are simple patterns which use the same repitition you may desire to try first. I wish your family was doing better. Let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my dear! I wish you good health! I make thread doilies and it s great relaxasion

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what it's like to care for someone w/ needs and older; so I know what you mean having to 'jump' up all the time....pic graphs are great for having to go back to a pattern....

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning and welcome. I understand about needing something you can easily pick up and put down. I like to make blankets baby or other sizes. The zig zag, or ripple what ever you want to call it is easy for me not much counting. I like the seven up three across and seven down skip two. Both my parents died with alz. so I try to keep my brain as busy as possible. So stay busy mind wise. Hope your life comes to some peace.
    Good stiches
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! I can feel your "pain", I have taken care of several elderly people in their homes! I has to be harder since it'sYour Mom! As mentioned, afghans or small blankets are easy to put down when necessary and easy to continue when you get back to it! So glad you joined us! Feel free to vent when you need to-we are all very understanding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. I am Jan. I understand what you are going thru since I took care of my mother for 10 years. Crocheting was my way of relaxing and I could drop it and return to it without any problem. You will find not only are we friendly and helpful but compassionate as well. Come to think of us as your 'other family' and enjoy the times you are with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the forum!