Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet bikini bottoms! Need help:)

okay so I have only been crocheting for about a month now, I have never read a pattern- and frankly i dont know how. I have picked up some of the lingo along the way from watching tutorials but I definitly couldnt follow a pattern off paper. My question is- Ive seen these bikini bottoms where the front and back are horizontal stitches of single or double crochet, that go into a v. then the middle (crotch) section is a seperate piece. how do i get my bottoms to do that? do i just do 3 stitches in the middle loop? and how do i get the middle section to perfectly fit into the v?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jamierichel, I have made several bikini's for my grandaughters and the crotch was not a seperate piece.
    You start at the back or front of the widest part and you decrease your stitches down to the crotch area you have a certain number of stitches you work back and forth for the crotch then you start up the other side (if you started at the back then you are now moving up the front) you start off with the same number of stitches you had when you started the crotch and you increase your way back up. The back of the bikini across is wider then the front.

Here is a link to a bikini bottom similar to the ones I made for my girls all in one piece. When you use crochet for a bikini you will need to line it and make sure the thread or yarn you use won't shrink or expand when in the water. ( told my girls you better test before you go to the beach or pool. Ha) I used crochet cotton thread not yarn.

beautifulcrochetstuff.com/crochet-swimsuit-free-pattern/

Crochet bikini bottoms! Need help:)

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 05-31-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added i used thread not yarn