Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!

Hi, I am Colleen.
    I have been crocheting for a long time now, but have run into a bit of a delema.
    A friend of mine has this beautiful king size bedspread to finish (his mother passed away before she could finish it) and has asked me to do it for them, I agreed to sew it together for him.
    My delema is this: the borders that I have to attach will be for in the middle of the bed and the attaching sides have a shell stich border. not one that I can unattach, because I already thought of that .
    so I have to sew two pieces together shell stitch to shell stitch and I dont want it to bulge.. Ya know?
    Can anyone please help? I feel like a newb:P
    Thanks Colleen Baker
    email: funnun65@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you and have you here! Do you have the original yarn/thread used for the bedspread? Is there a way that you can just weave them together with matching yarn? It is really hard to say without seeing a photo of the blanket. Others may also have some ideas for us, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be easier to tell if you take a picture. I think like Barbara said weave it together from what you said. Just curious and I understanding right that there is a shell stitch on all four sides of both pieces?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Colleen, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I will attempt the weaving that sounds logical thank you so much, I wouldve never thought of it. So to weave would be like a shoe stinging? Can you tell me how to weave?

I will attempt to post a pic but my project wont be drug out again until I have some time while my two yr old grandson sleeps.

It is made up of yarn, two different colors, which Ive been given enough of each to finish this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weaving is like using a needle and "sewing" the pieces together. SO, each piece is a different color? Or, is the border one color? If the border is one color, I would use the color of the border to weave the pieces together.

Let us know if you need additional info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the help
    its like huge pannels, several of white, several of blue as is the border. I will switch the colors as needed
    I will attempt this, like I said it is huge, King size even lol. I just want to be able to make sure it doesnt bulge in areas ya know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Try to keep the pannels as flat as you can when you weave them together! That should help make it flat! You may have to sit on the floor and kind of move along as you sew!