Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

A Crochet Challenge DURING the Olympic Games -Thread TWO

Hello members,

Here is thread two for this discussion. You can continue your posts here.

Original instructions/post:

As everyone is probably aware by now, the 2012 Olympics are just around the corner. So how about a crochet challenge during tihs time?

Here's how it would work.

1) Each person would select the project that they feel they could complete within the specified period

2) All supplies, notions etc should be purchased before the start of the challenge.

3) All gauge swatches can be made before the challenge starts.

4) When the 2102 Olympic opening Ceremonies start, you can start your project. The challenge is to complete the project in its entirety before the end of the closing ceremonies.

The dates for the Olympics are July 27th through August 12th.

So that gives everyone 19 days to complete their own personal crochet challenge.

Is anyone else willing to take part?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the process of making some reusable shopping bags. My goal is to finish two before the Olympics end! One is made from plarn (plastic yarn) made from shopping bags, and the other from this pretty multi colored wool I bought online. (:

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well one of my own challenges has past, I failed. My little boy from summer camp didn't get to take his blanket home. Good news I wii be able to give it to him on the first day of first grade. This way it will be finished and washed and dryed and soft sence its redhart super. This last week has been rough,
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I have put my projects off to the side for now.. just too much going on.. but would like to wish everyone the best of luck in completing your goals!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingnowhere View Post
    I have put my projects off to the side for now.. just too much going on.. but would like to wish everyone the best of luck in completing your goals!!
    Sorry you had to put your projects aside. I may have to put my afghan aside as I just realized I do not have enough yarn to finish it. Ordered more but don't know if it will get to me in time. Brand notoriously slow at shipping even with upgrade to faster shipping method. Still hoping to finish shawl and felted bag. Hope things calm down for you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    Sorry you had to put your projects aside. I may have to put my afghan aside as I just realized I do not have enough yarn to finish it. Ordered more but don't know if it will get to me in time. Brand notoriously slow at shipping even with upgrade to faster shipping method. Still hoping to finish shawl and felted bag. Hope things calm down for you soon!
    I hope it comes in quickly for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been soooo busy with my crocheting..that I forgot to update my progress.. I made a little girls sweater { she will wear it to a wedding next month.]..and a old fashion collar ...I made up the patterns myself..and I'm very happy with them. my next project is a crochet fiddle..

9. Likes Barbara G., Irishjl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charlene-we would love to see pictures of your projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    this is my project..

Navajo Indian -Diamond afghan..still have rows to go!
    Attached Images Attached Images A Crochet Challenge DURING the Olympic Games -Thread TWO-afghan-036-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    this is my project..

Navajo Indian -Diamond afghan..still have rows to go!
    Wow, Val. That's gorgeous!