Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help! Pattern Matching

I was asked to recreate a 22 year old baby blanket for a college graduation gift, but I can’t figure out the pattern! I have photos of the original and have seen it in person, but am having trouble figuring out the “horizontal” part of the pattern. It looks to me like two double crochets (regular, vertical stitches), followed by two horizontal rows of chains?? Or two horizontal DC?? I tried the following:

Row 1: DC across

Row 2: (slip st in 2, ch 2) across

Row 3: (DC in 2, ch 2) across

I really thought this would do it! But there was too much space in between the two rows of chains - they look as though they really sit right next to each other in the original...

What else should I try?? Any thoughts are appreciated!!
    Need Help! Pattern Matching-3e5cc654-b0f3-43aa-86db-eab2e5874ae4-jpg
    Need Help! Pattern Matching-ac11a827-04fc-4391-84f9-67a42475313e-jpg
    Need Help! Pattern Matching-5df46762-0b90-4091-995f-bf210bd542dd-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Help! Pattern Matching-3d4ac4e7-0df3-402e-82e0-5ab3b17e733f-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    dc on the 1st row
    row 2 - sk 2 dc, ch 3, ss, sk 1 dc, ch 2, ss, ch 3, sk 3 dc, ss, sk 1 dc, ch 3, ss, ch 2 or 3, sk 2, 2 dc and repeat or maybe it's a c2c blanket

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello AllisonJ81, I agree with Jean Marie this might be a C2C blanket. I have attached a link where the blanket looks like it has Horizontal Double crochets then Vertical Double crochets.

If you think this blanket does not look like what you are trying to replicate let us know and we will try again.
    Jean Marie is good at looking at swatches and figuring out the stitches so she will be a good source for you.

Here is the video of the blanket:
    https://youtu.be/JYQGRnbJ1cc

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I’ll try this tomorrow and see if it looks right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello.
    Looks just like a c2c pattern. Only your blanket has three stitch per grouping unlike most c2c patterns have 4 or 5.
    Then there is the border row, looks like simple dc in each stitch around and 3dc? in each corner.
    Hope this helps you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Allison,
    The 3rd picture down that you posted above could you spread that out so I could see more of the blanket ? and still zoom it.