Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Aussie

Post Thanks / Like

New Aussie

Hey all,
    Im new to the forums, im from australia ive been crocheting for a few years and learnt myself through you tube. I also did the same with knitting although i dont know much if it yet just the basics.

i havnt crocheted for a while as its been really hot in australia and makes it a little hard. but summer has ended and were in the next season now. So i thought id have a look around for a new forum where i can get some ideas of what to get back into it.

I have many items ive created and i have a facebook page with all my creations. If anyone would like to see them please feel free to ask, im unsure if im allowed to post the link so i wont for now.

i look forward to being a part of this community and learning from every one here.

Cya all around

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mzjatz View Post
    Hey all,
    Im new to the forums, im from australia ive been crocheting for a few years and learnt myself through you tube. I also did the same with knitting although i dont know much if it yet just the basics.

i havnt crocheted for a while as its been really hot in australia and makes it a little hard. but summer has ended and were in the next season now. So i thought id have a look around for a new forum where i can get some ideas of what to get back into it.

I have many items ive created and i have a facebook page with all my creations. If anyone would like to see them please feel free to ask, im unsure if im allowed to post the link so i wont for now.

i look forward to being a part of this community and learning from every one here.

Cya all around
    G'Day Mate, Nice to have you join us from the land down under. I too taught myself how to knit watching you tube videos. I learned some basic crochet stitches from my mother many years ago. I have learned more crochet stitches and techniques watching you tube.

Look forward to seeing some of your items.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mzjatz,
    Welcome. What have you crocheted? If you need help with something let us know. We will try to help you if needed.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean,
    I have crochet alot. Beanies, baby blankets, jackets(didnt work out to well there) pillows, amigurumi, scarfs. im sure there are a few things i have missed.

My favourite items are a deadpool pillow i made, and some pokemon including a pokeball, pikachu. Then i have my little oogy boogie i made from my favourite movie.

I have many others things i want to make aswell but just havnt really had the modivation to make them yet. With this cooler weather hitting us i think it will help my get my groove back. I know i have to make another Bulldogs scarfs for my partner. i made one for my sister before we got to gether and his requested one now for winter lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mzjatz View Post
    Thank you Jean,
    I have crochet alot. Beanies, baby blankets, jackets(didnt work out to well there) pillows, amigurumi, scarfs. im sure there are a few things i have missed.

My favourite items are a deadpool pillow i made, and some pokemon including a pokeball, pikachu. Then i have my little oogy boogie i made from my favourite movie.

I have many others things i want to make aswell but just havnt really had the modivation to make them yet. With this cooler weather hitting us i think it will help my get my groove back. I know i have to make another Bulldogs scarfs for my partner. i made one for my sister before we got to gether and his requested one now for winter lol..
    Hi mzjatz,
    I've crocheted a lot too: scarves (done on the loom), hats (crocheted and on the loom), baby dresses and 1 toddler dress , (now, crocheting a dress for about a 8 year old), unicorn hats, reindeer hats, a extra large hat for my neighbor, bib overalls (don't know if it had a jacket with it or not), sweater - (it might've been a sweater and hat set that I crocheted), squares, lap blankets, at least 4 big blankets - one blanket I crocheted I didn't think was very good but the people I gave it to did, one blanket was w/3 Greek letters, crocheted cookie monsters and plates and cookies. I've done some filet crochet and filet knitting. I knitted rabbits and a duck, purses. I've tried crocheting doilies (not too good at it), crocheted some flowers and leaves and made some flowers with yarn using a pencil, a straw(on the video they used a plastic Q-tip with one side of the Q-tip cut off and used the plastic part of the Q-tip, I used a straw since I didn't have a plastic Q -tip), and my finger. I crocheted a snowman and an iguana and a baby chick. I also crocheted that thing that's rectangle, like a rectangle bag and hat for a baby - can't think of the name of it - and a hat to go with it but the hat was too small and I wasn't sure how safe it was so I used the rectangle bag for yarn pieces that I had cut after weaving in ends and the bag is full and I have other yarn pieces. I have a sock that I filled with yarn pieces and tied with a piece of yarn that I have in front of my laptop for a arm or hand rest.

That about covers it. I used to do a lot of plastic canvas. I've made a rabbit or two w/the loopy thread/yarn. I've made a basket or two or more out of a grocery bag; I've made a doll w/yarn; I've made the temperature thing so you know what the weather is with yarn I've done some cross stitch. I've crocheted with plastic bags also. I've also made a wreath out of a clothes hanger and put stickers on a candle vase w/clear glue.

Hope this isn't too long. And what is a deadpool pillow?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi mzjatz,
    I've crocheted a lot too: scarves (done on the loom), hats (crocheted and on the loom), baby dresses and 1 toddler dress , (now, crocheting a dress for about a 8 year old), unicorn hats, reindeer hats, a extra large hat for my neighbor, bib overalls (don't know if it had a jacket with it or not), sweater - (it might've been a sweater and hat set that I crocheted), squares, lap blankets, at least 4 big blankets - one blanket I crocheted I didn't think was very good but the people I gave it to did, one blanket was w/3 Greek letters, crocheted cookie monsters and plates and cookies. I've done some filet crochet and filet knitting. I knitted rabbits and a duck, purses. I've tried crocheting doilies (not too good at it), crocheted some flowers and leaves and made some flowers with yarn using a pencil, a straw(on the video they used a plastic Q-tip with one side of the Q-tip cut off and used the plastic part of the Q-tip, I used a straw since I didn't have a plastic Q -tip), and my finger. I crocheted a snowman and an iguana and a baby chick. I also crocheted that thing that's rectangle, like a rectangle bag and hat for a baby - can't think of the name of it - and a hat to go with it but the hat was too small and I wasn't sure how safe it was so I used the rectangle bag for yarn pieces that I had cut after weaving in ends and the bag is full and I have other yarn pieces. I have a sock that I filled with yarn pieces and tied with a piece of yarn that I have in front of my laptop for a arm or hand rest.

That about covers it. I used to do a lot of plastic canvas. I've made a rabbit or two w/the loopy thread/yarn. I've made a basket or two or more out of a grocery bag; I've made a doll w/yarn; I've made the temperature thing so you know what the weather is with yarn I've done some cross stitch. I've crocheted with plastic bags also. I've also made a wreath out of a clothes hanger and put stickers on a candle vase w/clear glue.

Hope this isn't too long. And what is a deadpool pillow?
    Hello Jean Marie, Wow! I am tired just reading all you have accomplished.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Jean Marie, Wow! I am tired just reading all you have accomplished.

Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    The sweater or jacket I crocheted for my niece a long time ago. I've crocheted a sweater since then for another niece and it didn't fit her and I gave it to someone at church and another sweater I made didn't turn out.