Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Is a hdc decrease the same as a dc decrease?

I guess I can look it up too. I just thought somebody might know. I have a book that says a hdc is 'yarn over and put hook in next stitch' twice and pull through all loops. I was thinking about it and thought 'isn't that what I did for a dc decrease? Is there a difference between a hdc decrease and a dc decrease?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Yes they are done differently.

I think videos are better to see them do it then to write them out.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 02-07-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Thanks!! At the end of the video you posted for the dc decrease I watched a couple other videos - the one on how to keep edges straight and the invisible decrease for sc, hdc, and dc and she also shows the traditional way to do the decrease for sc, hdc, and dc. Now I can decide whether I want a traditional decrease or a invisible decrease. Thanks again Spoula!!

Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-07-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    Thanks!! At the end of the video you posted for the dc decrease I watched a couple other videos - the one on how to keep edges straight and the invisible decrease for sc, hdc, and dc and she also shows the traditional way to do the decrease for sc, hdc, and dc. Now I can decide whether I want a traditional decrease or a invisible decrease. Thanks again Spoula!!

Hi Jean Marie, Thanks for your video on the invisible crochets. I have always done mine the old fashion way but I can see that the invisible ones would work better in delicate work so as not to be so bulky.

Big thanks for posting this one.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that the invisible stitch has to be just for delicate work. It depends on whether or not you want it to be puffy or bulky as you said.